PDA

View Full Version : Step back

Mazzmate
04-07-11, 17:36
Really fed up, had been well for what seemed like ages, but now am really wound up and anxious. Started by getting a ringing in my left ear when turning my head to the right. I mentioned this to my chiropractor in April, thinking it may be mechanical, but he couldn't find anything it might be and told me to mention it to my gp next time I went. Saw gp in May and asked him to have a look in my ears as I was getting this ringing. He said my ears were fine...probably my age causing the ringing!!!! Left it for couple of weeks but in this time started getting blocked nose etc, so decided to go back to gp...this time a different one who hopefully wouldn't put problems down to age. She had a look and told me the outer ear was clear as the previous gp had said but she could see some catarrh behind the ear drum and also thought I had sinus infection. She gave me a week of antibiotics and after that an aqueous spray, said l should leave the ringing and maybe this would be cleared. Well, the ringing is now in both ears and is louder and almost permanent in the right ear, it is driving me to distraction, and I am getting more and more frightened that something dreadful is going on. My anxiety levels had pushed my bp up again, my relaxation tapes don't seem to be having any effect and all my good work in getting back to somewhere like normal seems to have gone out of the window, I am now thinking awful things like brain tumours and dying and I really need some reassurance. took the RNID hearing test and my hearing is absolutely fine, so it isn't deafness associated tinnitus.