PDA

View Full Version : Husband has torn ligaments in his ankle

countrygirl
04-07-11, 21:32
Its not a pretty sight as his foot an ankle are football shaped and black and blue all over. He was filling up with fuel at filling station and walked round vehicle and straight down a pothole with his foot which went under him. We managed to get through A&E in 40 mins including x ray which was good but aftercare and advice was nil as he hadn't broken it they put a bandage on and sent him off. BUT while we were in xray there was another young lad in with same problem and he had broken his and his father was talking to me while we were waiting for them and would you believe it he said " I did that last year and had awful bruising and 4 weeks later I was rushed into here with a huge blood clot in my ankle that had been caused by the bones compressing my artery at the time of the accident", Great I thought just what I need to know so of course am now trying not to worry. He did say it is rare for it to happen but why did I have to sit next to the rare one:shrug::shrug::shrug:

worried91
04-07-11, 23:51
If you aren't happy with the aftercare you received at the hospital then make an appointment with your GP for you and your husband to discuss that and reassure you about your blood clot fears.

countrygirl
05-07-11, 20:21
I spoke to GP about the lack of aftercare and he said should be improvement in 3-4weeks but he will probably need physio and to go and see GP at any time.