PDA

View Full Version : Take That....take me back more like!!

debs71
05-07-11, 00:16
Hello Friends,

Well I have had an AMAZING day/evening out at Wembley Stadium to see Take That. It was truly fantastic. Admittedly I was a bit nervous beforehand and sweating buckets at the thought of the crowds, but once there I had a fab time with my lovely sister who had bought the tickets as an early 40th birthday pressie.

It was very bitter sweet though as I couldn't help but be taken back to the early nineties when I was a huge fan of theirs and saw them many times in concert, here and abroad and it reminded me of how much fuller my life was before I became unwell with depression and my breakdown. I was a different person then, so much more adventurous. I think perhaps that happens to an extent with age, but i know I have changed since my mental health problems and it made me feel quite sad in a way.

It was however, wonderful to feel that GOOD adrenaline pumping (for a change,lol) and lose myself in sheer enjoyment and the whole atmosphere. I have mentally resolved to try to do more of that kind of thing, money allowing.

Just wanted to air and share folks.xxxxx:hugs:

macc noodle
05-07-11, 06:47
Debs

Your post speaks volumes for the many other sufferers of mental health problems !!!

I am so pleased that you enjoyed the concert, despite feeling worried about it beforehand. Weren't they fantastic ??? I saw them in Manchester and, like you, was sick with fear about being in such a large crowd and how i would cope - but once there I kept fighting my demons whilst having a brill time too.......... :)

Well done for the resolution to get back out there enjoying such good times :D

Just a thought .............. bitter sweet though it may feel .............. you must remember that you have lived your life to the full before your illness and that you can do once again with courage and determination (all of which you seem to have in abundance).

Thanks for sharing :D

debs71
05-07-11, 12:54
Thanks so much for your lovely reply macc.:flowers:

Yeh, they were brill, and I'm glad you had a good time too. You are right...I should probably just remember the good times I had and also the good times I can have ahead, God willing.

Thanks again macc.xx:bighug1:

paula lynne
05-07-11, 15:09
This post made me smile, and gave me a warm feeling x To go out of your comfort zone into a huge hot crowd with lights etc is a HUGE achievement Debs and you did it! WHOOP WHOOP!!!!! So glad you enjoyed it, and I hope you continue to have many more successes like this one. Way to go girl! :yahoo:

snowgoose
05-07-11, 15:56
Hi Debs:)

What a fantastic post !!! Well done you lady ...........really lovely to hear this .

I have often thought how we perceive adrenaline surges as nasty through our experiences :mad:...................but this same surge can be so uplifting and exciting too in different context :yesyes:

I couldnt have done what you did ..........so pleased you enjoyed and know you will go on to challenge the demon anxiety and have joy and peace in your life again .
:bighug1:

Hazel B
05-07-11, 16:47
:hugs:

Glad you had a good time, well done!

debs71
05-07-11, 17:02
Thanks so much everyone for your really lovely posts. I must admit that I surprised myself!:blush: It has sort of given me the uplift I needed and spurred me on to do more stuff and not hide from life as normal.

xxx:hugs:

suzy-sue
05-07-11, 17:34
Well done Debs :yahoo:Im so pleased for you ,esecially after the horrid time you have had lately ..Hope its the begining of a new era for you .Hold that thought and replace the "what ifs " with" I WILL " ..:yesyes:lots of luv Sue xx:hugs: