PDA

View Full Version : getting worked up

katyfitz
27-04-06, 12:58
Its getting closer to my holiday i leave tomorrow morning, apart of me has this sense of excitment about going away to a hot country but when u have a cold or flu symptoms or feel sick the last thing you wanna do is go anywhere but ur bed. this is how i feel with out the stuffy nose and sore throat.

If anyone can take the time out to explain to me how they feel when feeling anxious or panicky or even on a day to day basis i would appreciate it, even explain to me what u do to try and get over the irational thoughts.

For me i wake up feeling like i aint slept, a hot flush feeling, i dont have a headache but i do have heavy eyes like theres tension behind them.

It takes me ages to actually focus in the day a good 4 hours after wakening or even sometimes gets to the evening before i feel relaxedish.

Feeling lightheaded (head rush feeling)
When going outside i feel out of breathe after a little while and then my body gets weak
if im attempting to go somewhere i get jelly like legs.

Its the feeling of unreality and unsteady lighteheaded feeling that causes me trouble to just think this is anxiety.

i would like to hear some stories of how people cope x

Farr06
27-04-06, 14:40
I get like that as well, only mine is worse in the afternoon and evening, I am ok when I wake up. I feel like the room is a bit slanted as well, I even had a go at them in HMV the other day about having dangerous sloping floors, when it wasnt really [Duh!]

I get the feeling I am not here, or not in my body, as well as light headedness. Sometimes my dizzyness is a spinning kind and other times its like when you're really excoted and you've got an adrenalin rush, although there is no excitement only fear. Plus like you I often feel I have got flu but without the nose running and coughing - that feeling called "malaise" when you are about to come down with something

Anxiety Is Evil

ItWillPass
27-04-06, 16:08
Katy-

I could have written your post myself. I have that exact feeling. Anxiety seriously makes me ill, especially in the morning. There are mornings where I honestly cannot get out of bed. It is not like "oh im so depressed, I cant get out of bed." its more like "I feel so sick I cant move!" I also get very unsteady, and depending on how I slept sometimes it really is unbearable. I almost always feel out of it. Like if I didnt know better, I would believe that someone drugged me.

I also went away recently, and I was VERY anxious about it. I also got a little sick right before. But... what I found was once things started going I started to calm down a lot. Its the anticipation of it all that makes us so anxious I think. At times, I did have flashes of anxiety... I actually brought my pillow form home with me, and for some reason, when I had the flashes it comforted me to have something from home. I think that you are going to have a great time...

Please keep us updated.

Heidi :)