PDA

View Full Version : Metatarsalgia worry

Joexgee
05-07-11, 10:23
hi all, i haven't been on here for a while, been trying so hard to over come my anxiety and panic! which was going very well until i got this dreadful foot pain.
i looked it up, and yes i know you shouldn't Dr Google but it sounds very similar to Metatarsalgia? i am waiting for my appointment with my gp but am worrying as to how long this pain will last, as walking has been my main help in over coming my anxiety :weep: and now i know the longer i cant go out and do some walking its gonna affect me.
just wondering if any of you have suffered this or know of anyone and to how it is treated x thanks for listening :blush::hugs:

Joexgee
05-07-11, 12:04
ok, so spoke to my doctor this morning and i think he has diagnosed me wrong! he says its plantar fasciitis! i told him its pain in the ball of my foot, but plantar fasciitis when i looked it up on the web page he gave me, says its heel pain! im sure he heard me say ball of foot, oh well hes the doc i guess i will have to trust him

nomorepanic
05-07-11, 12:53
I had pain in the underneath of my feet - the arch.

The doctor told me to change shoes - I always wore the same ones and mainly trainers.

I also tend to sit on the laptop and rest on the ball of my feet. I now have to make sure I sit with them firmly on the ground.

I had this pain for months and after making a few changes it has gone!

Joexgee
05-07-11, 15:34
I had pain in the underneath of my feet - the arch.

The doctor told me to change shoes - I always wore the same ones and mainly trainers.

I also tend to sit on the laptop and rest on the ball of my feet. I now have to make sure I sit with them firmly on the ground.

I had this pain for months and after making a few changes it has gone!
thanks for the reply :) thought no one was listening :blush:, im gonna try a few changes in my shoe wear, although i never wear high heels and am not massively active so it must just be one of those things :( its so painful though it sends me sick x

maz55
05-07-11, 15:38
A friend of mine suffered from this and she bought a pair of FIT FLOPS, and she has never suffered since, she swears by them.

nomorepanic
05-07-11, 15:42
I don't wear high heels either - always flat shoes. I bought 2 new pairs of trainers and swap between them all and it has really helped.

I was in a lot of pain with it too. It kept me awake at night and walking was painful too.

I will find you my post about it.

nomorepanic
05-07-11, 15:43
Here you go:

http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=94037

Joexgee
05-07-11, 16:34
thanks for the link, its good to know im not alone :) will deffo look at getting some new trainers and some arch supports

Joexgee
05-07-11, 16:37
A friend of mine suffered from this and she bought a pair of FIT FLOPS, and she has never suffered since, she swears by them.

flip flops? i would of thought they would be too flat, but i guess every one has different ways to relieve foot pain :)

nomorepanic
05-07-11, 16:39
I think she does mean FIT FLOPS and not FLIP FLOPS. Google them and you can see what they are.

Joexgee
05-07-11, 20:03
I think she does mean FIT FLOPS and not FLIP FLOPS. Google them and you can see what they are.
aahh :blush: miss read sorry