PDA

View Full Version : developed medicine phobia

Typer
05-07-11, 11:11
Since having palpitations, I have developed all sorts of weird phobia's and fears.

I was give a beta blocker some time ago, and it made me wheeze, even though I had it once before for something. So now I hardly ever take medicine, but if I do, am very afraid of it.

Right now I have an antibiotic and as soon as I took it, I had a panic attack as to how it will effect me. Its awful to feel frightened of things that never really bothered me before.

Hopefully once a few hours have gone by, I'll settle. I am expecting an upset stomach as they do that to me, although I do have some yakults on the ready

MarieS
05-07-11, 12:08
I am the opposite to you. I take too many pills hoping that they will give me the required effect. Every day I take citalopram, omeprazole, magnesium, echinacea, vitamin C, multiminerals and every other day I take senokot because of my fear of feeling bloated. Apart from the echinacea, all these things seem to work. Instead of waiting for the effect, I assume they won't have an effect on me because I still feel ill every day.

haynsey
05-07-11, 12:10
Hi Typer,

I get similar feelings as well, even over paracetamol...i dread taken any meds even though i am on escitalopram i have been for years. I still dread taken a new pack every month because i think the side effects will make me feel horrible.

Typer
05-07-11, 14:24
Thanks for your replies. Am 4 hours since the first one. Hope I will be fine