PDA

View Full Version : back again?

toni282
05-07-11, 11:59
hi guys,

well i started sertraline a few months ago and i was doing really well after months of extreme anxiety, i havnt been to the doctors for well over a month (well apart from a water infection)and started feeling like me again but the last week i can feel it sneaking back. within a week i lost my job, found out i will not be getting paid for the last month i worked and i started a new job yesterday. i didnt think i was stressed by any of this but now my heart is going fast all day long im getting chest and arm pains again, im very shakey and feel weak and cant concentate! now im worrying that there is something awful wrong with my heart and could have a heart attack at any moment. now i dont no whether to go back to the doctors or just put it down to anxiety where i have had a tough few weeks? help please x:weep:

Whitetrash
05-07-11, 12:10
Sound like you're having a stressful time, this would have an effect on anyone let alone an anxiety sufferer.

Im sure that you're just having a bad stress reaction, i hope it settles down really soon :-)

Tyke
06-07-11, 02:59
Hi Toni

You have been under a lot of stress recently and your body is responding to it. I would certainly go back and see the doctor as there may be something he/she can do to help. Maybe a higher dose of Sertraline or something like Propranolol (a beta-blocker which slows down physical anxiety symptoms) may help. Things may well improve anyway once you get settled into the new job.

Tyke :)