PDA

View Full Version : Lump in upper stomach

lelespears
05-07-11, 12:10
I have a spilt stomach muscle top to bottom and recently had a MRI to see if I have a hernia.. It was 4 wks ago and I haven't heard anything. I'm quite thin and can feel the pulse of the blood vessel in my stomach.. But recently I can feel a lump, it feels like a tennis ball it's pretty central between my ribs.. I'm scared it's a tumour or something!! I have ibs & bad reflux too

Lele x

nomorepanic
05-07-11, 12:50
Call your doctor and ask about the results. It should be in after 4 weeks.

lelespears
05-07-11, 14:30
Just called and the receptionist said the consultant sent a letter to my dr and my dr left no note about it to pass on to me.. The receptionist said she couldnt give any info on the letter to me cause she isn't clinically trained so my dr will call me on friday.. Duno what all this means??

Lele

amandaj
05-07-11, 14:46
friday isnt good enough if you are scared demand they phone you today i do ,im sure its all fine but with anxiety we need that reassurance xx

lelespears
05-07-11, 14:55
My dr isn't in till Friday. Surely if it was bad they would have been in touch.. I had it done 4 wks ago?!?

amandaj
05-07-11, 15:03
maybe talk to the duty dr if you are worried im absolutly sure if was anything been in touch by now but if its worrying you then talk to any dr xx

nomorepanic
05-07-11, 15:07
I agree - any doctor can tell you what was said.

lelespears
05-07-11, 16:20
Have to wait to speak to the dr who read the letter..

nomorepanic
05-07-11, 16:40
Oh well. I am sure if it was serious they would have told you by now.