PDA

View Full Version : doing really well but woant to nip this in the bud before i start again!! thankyou

bexy84
05-07-11, 12:37
Just a thought that keeps popping in to my head and I can feel myself getting worked up and wanting to google!!! If you read my past posts u will see I have a fear of skin cancer and I had picked off a few moles and freckles during the worst of it because I just wanted them off me.... Silly I no but I don't do it now........ My fear is what if one of the moles I scratched away turns into cancer and because I have scratched the surface away and not the root I won't be able to tell if it goes bad??? Would it grow back above the skin do you think if anything were to be wrong with it?? Thanks x

LucyLiz
05-07-11, 17:52
hey, i also have a bit of fear of skin cancer. It's not my biggest issue but it's there because i have loads of moles and i'm quite fair too. I've picked a few off too, not because i wanted them off me but because of accidents, getting caught etc. I've noticed that if they are injured they do look a bit odd for a while, become raised, get a bit odd shaped but they tend to settle down then after a few weeks. saying that, some have never returned to their original form but I think that's just how it is. I have so many different varieties now that unless they beome itchy or signifiantly different I try not to think about them. I don't think you can cause cancer by picking off a mole & i think you would know the difference between a injury and something more sinister, as the scab woldn't heal? Hope this helps, just thought i'd share my experience :)

bexy84
06-07-11, 11:01
Thankyou for your reply, so do you think if it was a cancer it would just grow back or not heal properley? X

bloxy
06-07-11, 12:26
If it was cancer it wouldn't heal properly and you would know that something is wrong:hugs: