PDA

View Full Version : new & looking to share experienes/make friends

LucyLiz
05-07-11, 19:59
I found this website through a friend and I have to say it has been wonderful to read about so many people going through the same troubles as myself. I have suffered with (mostly health) anxiety since by late teens and I am now 26. I used to enjoy life to the full but now the majority of my day is consumed with negative thoughts and scary feelings. I am having therapy at the moment as i'm going through a very bad patch but it is very expensive and I don't think i'll be able to continue with it for much longer and that is why i'm on the look out for new coping tehniques and support. I lost my mother 3 years ago and since then I find it very difficult to open up about the degree of which the anxiety affects my life. At the same time I feel very alone. I have 2 young children and i'm stuck in the house most days which i feel makes things worse. I would love to speak to people who are in a similar situation to myself. :)

diane07
05-07-11, 20:03
Hi LucyLiz

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

tatt2
05-07-11, 20:27
:welcome:lucyliz, life with this condition can be very lonely indeed i was just thinking before i am sick of coming home to a empty house, so i can relate to how your feeling when your at home on your own, i also suffer from anxiety/panick disorder have done for a very long time and when i think hard about it i still dont really know why i am like this grrrrrr its really restricting mylife not as much as it used to but still very bad anyway enough about my gripes lol there are loads of nice people in here you will make many new friends chin up hun onwards and upwards x
oh by the way my name is phil:bighug1:

Ingenious
05-07-11, 20:40
Welcome to the forum, you would be surprised - amazed even - how many other people are in similarly bad places in their lives. Hopefully the support you'll get from this forum will help you - also the encouragement of those who have been there and have recovered.

daybyday
05-07-11, 20:43
:welcome:

LucyLiz
05-07-11, 22:15
thank you all - i find unless someone is going through or has been through the same as yourself then it's just impossible to convey how bad it is! my husband doesn't understand why i can't just STOP! and carry on through an attack which i find very frustrating :) most people think i'm great, amazed how Im so organised in my life but in reality i'm a wreck :)

becksfan86
06-07-11, 12:12
Welcome LucyLiz, this really isa a great site, everyone is great, if you ask a question on the forum youll always get an answer, hope your ok today xxx