PDA

View Full Version : pains in right side

scoob
05-07-11, 20:03
Hi all,

I have diverticualr disease in my left had side but for the last two or three weeks have had a pain in my lower left hand side like a stitch. Doc said it is probably the diverticuar disease but the tests I had before showed nothing that side. She also told me the only solution is to have part of my intestine remove which scared me to death as she also went into what could go wrong.

I'm off with stress, anxiety and depression at the moment and wondered if anxiety could trigger these pains. They are really painful and I struggle to walk to far at the moment.

I just wondered if anyone else had had these pains as doctor does not seem too concerned, but I am.

S

holly1986
06-07-11, 19:49
Hello
about a month ago i had the same problem (fortunately i dont have the problems you do) but it ended up being a muscle strain which was worsened with indigestion & bowel movements. Please also note that i pulled the muscle without doing any exercise etc, its very easily done, straining yourself does it too.

Whatever it is, all i can suggest is that by panicking its not making the matter any better, worrying doesnt help it. Allow yourself a small amount of day to put it into proportion in your mind and then try to put it in its box...much easier said than done.

I hope youre okay x

scoob
06-07-11, 23:08
Thanks holly,

Been to Docs today and on antibiotics made the mistake of googling symptons and thought it was appendicitus. Looks like I may be worrying it worse than it is. TRhanks for the advice getting things into proportion sounds like a good plan and Boxes seems like a good coping strategy.

Thanls for your post.

Scoob
:D