PDA

View Full Version : can IBS make you feel like you're constipated when you're not?

unconditional
06-07-11, 02:52
hi, i'm 16 and for a year or two now i've had stomach pains followed by diarrhea, maybe once or twice a week.
now, since last wednesday i've been constipated. but i'm starting to think maybe i'm not.

as soon as the symptoms appeared i tried senokot, followed by milk of magnesia the next day. both produced diarrhea (mostly water) but i felt like i wasn't done, y'know? i even tried an enema, with the same result.

the fact that none of that stuff worked would suggest impaction, but i'm not having the abdominal pains or vomiting that goes along with that. and i don't feel the need to poop all the time, sometimes i don't feel it at all. and, i am able to make bowel movements once or twice a day but they're much smaller than normal, but that might be because i haven't been eating much lately.

is it possible i have IBS, and this is maybe part of that?

looking4answers
06-07-11, 06:33
Wife says yes...she has ibs

saro
06-07-11, 11:08
Hi,

I have IBS and it sounds like you could have it with it your symptoms. The best thing I did to ease my constipation was cutting out wheat, fizzy drinks and I now go easy on spicy foods and coffee. After doing this I felt a million times better.

Sarah