PDA

View Full Version : Journey anxiety feel so helpless

Paintedpixie2011
06-07-11, 06:37
Hi well I feel so stupid for being in a total flap right now but I have to go on a coach on a school trip later (I'm a Teaching Assistant) and I feel sick, dizzy and have a dodgy stomach. All I can focus on is the idea that I won't have a toilet on the bus. It's like this on every trip I take-I did not sleep well last night and do not need to be awake yet but been up a while now. When I did sleep I had quite distressing dreams as well! The coach journey is not far but I can't focus on anything else right now!Please help!

paula lynne
06-07-11, 09:30
Hi PP2011, take some immodium, that will help with stomach cramps etc and should give you a few hours away from a loo......take bottled water to sip, some mints. Make the bus your "safe place", mentally tell yourself you are safe while on the bus. Then, when you get to your destination, make that your "safe place", and again, tell yourself you are ok. Wear loose comfy clothing, and sit near a window if possible. As you say, its a short journey, you'll be there before you know it. Have a good day! :)