PDA

View Full Version : Bad few days

ames
06-07-11, 10:24
Hi guys
So I have been doing quite well with going out with others but just struggling to get the confidence to go out alone.
I have had a bad few days where I have felt strange in my head, dizzy and floaty making me feel like I don't want to do anything. I can't really explain the feeling in my head, it's a bit like it is humming, and this us my worse symptom, does anyone else get this (I know it's not explained well!!)
I am so worried that I am going backwards. I feel sad inside and worried that my meds arent working. I have been on citalopram for about 3 months now, 1 week on 10mg, 4 weeks in 20mg and 7 weeks on 30mg. Surely I should be feeling better by now. Well, I am better then I was but I'm scared that I am on the wrong meds. I have spoken to my doc this morning and she is happy for me to stay on this dose (I don't want to go higher) and I don't really have time to change meds as I get married in 7 weeks.
Sorry for the essay, I just feel so sad that I don't seem to be getting better quickly. I know I need to be positive but it's so hard to do all the time!!
Thanks. Xx

LisaT
06-07-11, 11:26
It is hard, i empathise with you, I think one of the problems is we are to impatient to get better, and then we worry that we're not and it goes on and on...relax and let it be there.....very hard I know xx

Tyke
07-07-11, 00:52
Hi Ames

Like Lisa says, getting better does take time. With some meds it takes a while before they build up in your system to have the best effect. All you can do is try and work on bringing your anxiety down in other ways. I have always found relaxation CDs or tapes helpful. Keep trying to push yourself with the going out, especially if you can do a bit on your own, you will find it hard, but will have a great sense of achievement that you have done it. This should also help you feel less anxious in the long run.

Oh and congratulations on your forthcoming marriage! :flowers:

Tyke

ames
07-07-11, 10:00
Thanks guys, still feeling pretty rubbish to be honest, it's the foggy head that really gets to me and I don't know how to get rid of it!! I think it is because I wake up and have a full day to myself and know I have to fill it but don't know how. Especially when I feel like this as going out is such an effort!!