PDA

View Full Version : its ruined my life!!

anxietyoverload
06-07-11, 10:43
These past few days iv had a constant head ache! it goes away for a while after i take tablets but always returns! tends to be worse when im at work too!!
Its making me really annoyed with my self, because iv been trying to get over my anxiety but i feel like my bodys just saying ... ''oh no, theres no what your getting rid of me, take this!!''
so with this constant head ache, im constantly light headed, feel like im swaying all the time!!
i do get it but generally its only occasionally.

I can honestly say this anxiety has ruined my life, i dont know why i feel like i do all the time, i have the most amzing boyfriend and a fantastic family, it all started at a time when i thought my life was perfect, i honestly couldnt of been any happier, then i was ill for about 6 months, but after getting better, it was like i couldnt accept that everything was ok, and iv been the same ever since.

i refuse to be defeated by this horrible thing! and i will beat it!! ... hopefully! :)

MVP123
06-07-11, 11:00
Hi there, I am feeling the same way right now. I feel as tho my life is ruined and will never get back to normal again. When I first had anxiety 3 years ago all my symptoms were head related and I had a permanent headache for like 3 months, and then I just couldn't believe that it would ever go away, I obv thought I must have a brain tumour. Anyway I did get better and now can't believe that I am here again but with a different problem, this time its my bladder which has felt inflamed for over a week now and the constant urge to keep going to the toilet, it is now becoming quite debilitating, I have more or less stopped eating, painkillers don't touch it, I have stopped caffeine and alcohol, nothing helps, its not an infection and my GP is putting it down to my anxiety. What makes us worse is not knowing when a particular symptom will end and whether it is something more serious. I am giving it to Friday and if my bladder is still as bad I will have to go back to my docs and beg for some kind of relief as not sure how much longer I can cope with this :-(

M155anthr0p3
06-07-11, 11:16
I suffer from chronic tension headaches at work as well. What makes it worse is that when I start to panic I grit my teeth which causes further headaches.
Mine tend to last for about 3 weeks & then stop..& then start again.
It's all caused by stress & anxiety & tension but it's easy for me to say that now as I'm being rational. When I'm not being rational it's obviously a brain tumour or some terrible disease!

It's horrible when you can't get these thoughts out of your head, I battle with it daily.

Emily xx

anxietyoverload
06-07-11, 11:57
aw guys its awful isnt it!!

Yea im thinking, oh dear i have a brain tumour!! but if im rational i know my mum suffers with headaches that last for weeks! so its probably bad genes!
Also my desk at work is right next to a window, reflecting on my screen, and its been really sunny lately so maybe its that! fingers crossed :)

MVP123...I went through a phase of thinking i had cervical cancer, and i was so worried, i was weeing every 10 mins! but its cause im constantly thinking about it, which makes me want to wee more, my bladder would often feel like it was going to explode if i didnt wee! its awful :( xx

MVP123
06-07-11, 12:26
How long did your bladder problem last?xx

anxietyoverload
06-07-11, 12:34
it was a fair few weeks, it didnt really stop until i found something else to worry about. it even got to a point where i thought i needed the loo, but when i got there i didnt need it at all, it was like i had a urine infection but without all the burning xx

keta
06-07-11, 15:01
Hi there, I am feeling the same way right now. I feel as tho my life is ruined and will never get back to normal again. When I first had anxiety 3 years ago all my symptoms were head related and I had a permanent headache for like 3 months, and then I just couldn't believe that it would ever go away, I obv thought I must have a brain tumour. Anyway I did get better and now can't believe that I am here again but with a different problem, this time its my bladder which has felt inflamed for over a week now and the constant urge to keep going to the toilet, it is now becoming quite debilitating, I have more or less stopped eating, painkillers don't touch it, I have stopped caffeine and alcohol, nothing helps, its not an infection and my GP is putting it down to my anxiety. What makes us worse is not knowing when a particular symptom will end and whether it is something more serious. I am giving it to Friday and if my bladder is still as bad I will have to go back to my docs and beg for some kind of relief as not sure how much longer I can cope with this :-(
Hi MVP

I have the same problem with the blader and it's my main anxiety symptom, i have had it for years now and the only time i felt better was when taking Citalopram, also because of it i have developed total agoraphobia and i do avoid lots of places, but recently i decided to give it a fight and go and do stuff, my GP said i need to push my boundries and also try to re train my blader, it is hard going at times i tell you. So i can totally symphatise with you :hugs:
Keta