PDA

View Full Version : worried to death...

rb1978
06-07-11, 14:00
Have been having probs recently. It started with a couple of vertigo attacks about 2 months ago - made me really dizzy, lots of vomitting. Awful. Went to doc and she said it was positional vertigo and I got some tablets.

Since then I've been feeling light-headed and woozy loads and keep going back to docs. My anx is at an absolute overload right now, I'm terrified of going too far from home in case I have a vertigo attack (haven't had one in 2 months though), I'm just a wreck right now. Been signed off work, I'm just on a knife-edge half the time.

I've noticed another symptom now and am freaking out...my ears (one in particular that I've had trouble with for years but they've never been able to find anything wrong) seems more sensitive to loud noise than normal and if I stick my finger in it (I know, I know...why do I do this?!) things almost seem to move out of normal balance. Really weird to describe but I just feel out of kilter a lot.

My sinusses are dire when I wake up in the morning and I had to get a spray to clear them up and stop me sneezing.

Anyone had anything resembling this? I'm thinking is it sinusses? Still probs from the vertigo? Or is it something really really serious like a brain tumour or something??

Freaking out... :-(

anxietyoverload
06-07-11, 14:35
i get the light headedness all the time, sometimes like im swaying, but thats just the anxiety x

jaynjaylyn
06-07-11, 16:43
Yes I get it. I get the vertigo attacks when i wake up in middle of the night for some reason like every 2 months or so and im always dreading is this the night?? Aside from the vertigo, I never feel normal through the day. I always have a weird off balance sort of feeling thats very hard to explain. My anxiety makes it sooo much worse to. Im constantly thinking I have a brain tumor. But lately that worry has kind of faded because everyone tells me I would have more symptoms other than dizziness. Ive had this for going on 3 years now. HA is a very bad thing and it can cause MANY symptoms of serious diseases.

saffy f
06-07-11, 20:16
Hi
I've had all of these symptoms and very recently.
My anx was up to the max the last couple of weeks.I found it a massive help joining this site and hearing people's stories and advise.
A couple of weeks ago my head was pounding all the time,my neck was really stiff I was giddy all the time.My head felt like it was full of pressure and would explode!
I also felt scared to go out as I thought I would just flake out,,wobbly legs,,weird vision etc etc...All the symptoms you have described. I have had my meds upped and the last couple of days felt so much better now they have kicked in!
A clear head puts things into perspective and I can see that all these things were due to stress and anxiety and nothing else.
Take care xx

rb1978
08-07-11, 11:24
Thnx for replies...it does sound like anx could be heightening and aggravating symptoms that would prob be really minor to a "normal" person - if you know what I mean.

I haven't started meds yet. Bn prescribed Citalopram but been too terrified to take it for weeks. I have been signed off work for a couple of weeks now though as things have got beyond what I can handle. I probably should start on meds really.

Feel horrendous today but was awake half the night tossing and turning and waking up in a sweat so that's probably upset everything.

I never realised how powerful anx can be :weep: