PDA

View Full Version : Blood in urine

countrygirl
06-07-11, 16:42
I have had this since I had my very first urine test at age 20 and I am now 50. Everytime I have a dip test or urine sent away for testing it shows invisible blood. When I was 20 I had x ray with dye of kidneys and bladder and nothing and after I had one episode of visible blood 10 yrs ago I had kidney tests again and again nothing and urologist said I had leaky kidneys ( big filters that let blood through). It has always been a probem whenever I have to have routine urine tests.

For past 6 weeks I have had slight pain urethra region just as I finish weeing, not every day but on and off so I finally saw Dr today, she said it could be due to dryness as I am menopausal but of course she did a dip test and said I had more than a trace of blood in urine ( she is new so I explained about my long history of this). She said the slight pain is not connected to the blood at all but she wants a urine test for infection and I see her next week for results - she said she would read back in my notes about this problem and see what results are like and I have to take another sample in for dip testing at my next appt and she will decide if I need to see urologist. She said her problem is that she should stick to the protocols and anyone with blood in urine without infecftion should be referred.

So wish me luck in that I don't have an infection and she decides not to send me to a urologist as I do not want to have to have a camera stuck up my urethra! I have recently had kidney blood tst that was fine as well.

bronte
06-07-11, 18:03
im having a similar problem as blood in urine on the dip stick test at drs but when they send it a urine sample to lab there no blood or anything in it im really confused which one is the right reading x

MVP123
06-07-11, 18:38
I am also having bladder issues which is my main anxiety issue at the moment. As far as I know there was no blood in either urine samples I gave to my GP and the walk in clinic, but as far as I know there was no blood in it and no infection so they both fobbed me off with anti biotics, no samples were sent off to a lab for further investigation. I have still got the problems tho with the constant ache and pressure down there and the need to go the toilet loads. Do any of you guys have these symptoms?