PDA

View Full Version : severely anxious and depressed

catherine smith
06-07-11, 22:17
completly overwhelmed ,unable to function , very depressed.

nomorepanic
06-07-11, 22:19
Hi catherine smith

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Tyke
06-07-11, 23:47
Hi Catherine

Are you getting any professional help for your depression? e.g. counselling, anti-depressants etc.?

Tyke

bevwilks
13-07-11, 16:56
Hi Catherine how are you feeling now, hope your a little better. Send me a personal message if you want or need to talk i'm a good listener.. Take care.

FRANKIEISBACK
13-07-11, 18:12
hi there x

Irisheyes
13-07-11, 21:11
Hi everyone...I am very sensitive to meds...have had bad side effects like crawling under the skin....swollen tongue...tried venlaflaxine, prozac, zispin, ciatalopram i am now on setraline..today i had terrible heart palpitations...do you think its the anxiety manifesting in another way or could it be the setraline...i am afraid to up the dose to 50mg...i can't understand why my body is so sensitive to these meds all from one panick attack...any help would be appreciated...linda

Tyke
14-07-11, 04:02
Hi everyone...I am very sensitive to meds...have had bad side effects like crawling under the skin....swollen tongue...tried venlaflaxine, prozac, zispin, ciatalopram i am now on setraline..today i had terrible heart palpitations...do you think its the anxiety manifesting in another way or could it be the setraline...i am afraid to up the dose to 50mg...i can't understand why my body is so sensitive to these meds all from one panick attack...any help would be appreciated...linda
Hi Linda

I am on Sertraline and had many side effects for the first four weeks, but not the ones you mentioned. How long have you been taking them? It could be a mixture of side effects and anxiety because of the side effects, which would probably subside as time goes on, but I would check with your doctor if I were you just for reassurance.

You will find most support on the forum for Sertraline users under Medications - Sertraline. If you post on there you may find someone who has had similar experiences will respond.

Tyke :)