PDA

View Full Version : missing out

laurenessex
27-04-06, 20:58
my friend who ive not seen for 3 years or more, partly due to my anxiety (partly other things) asks/suggest today we go to a concert today that is on near my bday! overwhelmed that he asked me after all this time, wanting to go...but it's been so long since ive done a big concert like that..travelling etc scaring me as well ...sadness...!

lolly
27-04-06, 21:48
try your best and go take books sweets mags for the journey cd walk man and if you dont feel right in the concert say your to hot and stuffy in here and go to toilet say you were poorly and had to sit out inthe car you never know the conert might be a turning point to a good frienship kind regard lol

jackie
27-04-06, 22:07
no pressure on your wee self but try your best to go as it would feel like the start of something near normality which we all strive for

just do it for yourself if you can but remember no pressure

jackie

honeybee3939
27-04-06, 22:49
Hi lauren,

I think you should go to the concert it will do you the world of good, a couple of years ago i went to a big concert to see David Bowie, i was dreading the travelling and been amongst thousands of people as i found it so hard getting out of the house without panic, but i was determined to go. I did go, it was brilliant. i was that excited about going the anxiety just disappeared, im sure it will for you too.

Love Andrea
xxx

Spice
28-04-06, 09:48
Hi Lauren

I agree with the others that you should try to go. Try and think of all the positives that you will achieve from doing this and concentrate on them ..... I know it's hard but don't analyse the "what ifs" that all us anxious folks tend to dwell on.
Just as a final point ..... there are always trained medical personnel at these events who are used to dealing with anxiety and panic attacks and you will probably not need to go to them but I find just knowing they are there if you need them gives me reassurance.

Take care.

Sometimes I give myself the creeps,
Sometimes my mind plays tricks on me,
It all keeps adding up,
I think I'm cracking up, Or am I just paranoid ..... Billie Joe Armstrong

rubber
02-05-06, 13:36
hi lauren, im going to the isle of wight festival in june and im really looking forward to it but im also so very anxious about traveling and actually being there. Like the others say you will probably feel more confident after which is well worth it. good luck hope you go!!