PDA

View Full Version : Really stressed, please reply!!

stacy1912
07-07-11, 10:44
Hi

I hope someone can help me!!

Health Anxiety is killing what little life I have.....12 years of this now!

I am currently suffering with widespread twitching and terrified myself by googling it and came up with Motor Neurone Disease!! Now I can feel weakness in my left leg and pain in left arm (only when I move it).

Convinced now that I can not talk properly as can't get my words out and feel it is hard to swallow....also a symptom of MND.

Can all this be from my anxiety issues or am I right and this is a serious neuro issue??

Saw my GP and she said nothing to worry about and it is just stress (felt settled for half an hour and then started doubting her)

Anyone else had these feelings? This is a nightmare!!! I am single parent with two lovely kids and I do not enjoy my days as I am fixated on some disease or other!!

Thanks

kah
07-07-11, 11:06
Hey,

Did your leg only start feeling weak after you googled??? I've done that loads of times, read a list of symptoms and by the end of the day I have half of them! I get muscle twitching all the time, in all different muscles around my body and I have very weak legs and arm pains so you are not alone! My worry is MS but GP has assured me I'm fine.

There will be a lot of people who reply to you saying they have the same symptoms and we can't all have serious illnesses can we?????

Kerri-anne xx

xhyperyogix
07-07-11, 11:16
i get twitches when stressed too. and numbness. it comes and goes, like my body has a mind of it's own! ops, well i guess it does...the brain....errr..

anyway, don't google! you'll be fine, even though i know it's easy to say and hard to accept!!

hyper xx

stacy1912
07-07-11, 12:00
thank you for replying :)

it is a nightmare health anxiety, this site has helped me so much, knowing I am not alone!

The twitching is all day every day all over my body, jumping about from one muscle to the next!! Takes over my day thinking.....please stop......oh my god.....twitch twitch!! It is so hard to believe that this can all be from stress/anxiety! I spend so much time thinking this is the one.....the end of me!!

Blooming nightmare!!

vaughn110979
07-07-11, 20:41
yes this is all anxiety related

kahi35
08-07-11, 02:25
yep thats the problem we keep rethinking and it just gets worse. i went through it then i stopped worring about it and it went away. i know its hard but it works. you can do it.:)

stacy1912
09-07-11, 13:28
Thanks for your replies. I am at my wits end and I am soooo worried that this twitching is serious. I have increased my vitamins and minerals, I am trying to sleep well and stay calm. BUT my whole body is twitching all the time. The twitches move around.....ankle........calf.......thigh........sh oulder.........arm........neck........cheek.

The stress of this is going to kill me, never mind what ever is causing it!!

TooWorried
10-07-11, 01:33
Hi there. We have different symptoms, but I bet the root concern is the same. I am terrified of leaving my daughter without a mother. It keeps me from enjoying a lot of special moments.

stacy1912
10-07-11, 10:05
Awful isn't it! The only comfort is knowing that other people are struggling the same! We will have to battle on and hopefully one day enjoy our lives! I want to beat this before my daughter becomes aware of the problem, she is 6. My 17 year old is acutely aware that his mum struggles to keep it together.

TooWorried
10-07-11, 13:44
My daughter is almost 8 months old. I've had OCD in various forms most of my life, but the health anxiety really became a huge problem when I was pregnant. I don't want her to be aware of my issues when she's older either. And I want so badly to be healthy and here for her when she has her own babies. I'm just so terrified of being sick and dying.