PDA

View Full Version : fears about memory loss, please help

flatterycat
07-07-11, 13:07
Hello
I have recently been going through severe anxiety because of some test results. Since getting the all clear I had started to feel better and have really done well for 2 weeks. I thought I was turning a corner. Then yesterday I had a horribly strange experience which I am now worrying about and can see the anxiety returning.I am hoping someone can give me some reassurance before I blow this weigh out of proportion again.
I finished work yesterday and after some dashing around popped into town. Once I finished the things I had to do I went into a couple of clothes shops. When I left the last one I remember crossing the road then the next thing I know I am WH Smith reading a magazine that caught me eye. I put the mag down and looked around and suddenly felt very panicky because I didn't recognise where I was for a split second even though I said to myself I was in Smiths. The bit that really scares me though is that I have no recollection at all of entering the shop and I had no reason to even go in there, so its not like I was on autopilot agnd going where I needed to. I am very frightened by this and keep thinking of dementia or some other horrible cause. Has this ever happened to anyone else? Please can anyone reassure me?
Thanks
Sarah

anxietyoverload
07-07-11, 13:20
happens to me alllll the time! i think it happens to everyone from time to time, my friend came into work the other day, and was like i have no idea how i got here, i cant remember doing anything this morning.
sometimes we dont think about things, and we are just on auto pilot.
Yesterday i was watching tv and my boyfriend was upstairs, then all of a sudden he was in the room and i never even saw him go past me, or hear him come down the stairs, was just in a little world of my own :) xx

xhyperyogix
07-07-11, 15:38
yep, don't worry sabout it - i get it too

xxx

snowgoose
07-07-11, 16:16
this happens a lot me flattery cat

Horrible thinking after event ..cant remember how I got to do certain stuff ..or how I got there sometimes .

think it is brain overload .........mind whirring on other things ...and instinct takes over ......subconscious thoughts like a magazine will be nice ........it is less stressful .:hugs:

so we go into Smiths and get our magazine whatever ....but it doesnt register on recent memory ..........nice experience .........and we are ok .

you are going to be fine xx:flowers:.............it happens and scares you Cat . it would kick in if you were at risk .

let it be honestly . once you feel calmer these feelings will go . be patient and look after yourself . your future is bright :yesyes:

horrible symptoms and scary when you cant remember ..........but you are ok honest ..........just your mind sorting stuff out and looking after you xxxxx

Magic
07-07-11, 18:19
I am so like you all on this post.
I put it down to stress. I sometimes think my hubby is getting fed up with me when I tell him I cannot remember.
So glad I am not the only one.:shrug:

flatterycat
07-07-11, 18:25
Thank you to those of you who have replied. It does help to try and make me rationalise things. I just keep wondering why I even went in in the first place. I mean it wasn't like I even saw the magazine until I was well inside the shop. It has really unnerved me that I can't remember going in or why I did in the first place.I feel like I 'lost' a few moments where I have no recollection. Have you all really found yourself somewhere without remembering going there or needing to go? Sorry for going on. X

snowgoose
07-07-11, 19:00
yes Cat :hugs:

it has happened to me and I cant remember details at all .
you have been through a lot of stress.........our minds have mountains and valleys ...........you were on auto pilot I think ..........and your mind [like in hypnosis ] will never lead you to do anything unusual for you or dangerous . .
just extreme stress overload my love ..........are you on meds? .