PDA

View Full Version : tranquilliser wthdrawal-scared!

Jillyw
07-07-11, 15:22
:unsure:Hi there. I have been advised to come off Diazepam 2mg. I take about 4 tablets a day. My GP reckons it will take me about a month-which I feel is quite optimistic, as I have been on them for 20 yrs, although not always on 4 a day. I am really scared of doing this-yet I want to. He's told me to halve my night-time tablet for a few days, etc, and I can take Kalms alongside the DZ. I'm just in a state of shock at the moment, it has come out of the blue. Surely he can't just cut me off without any DZ? I have started CBT phone therapy, which I am quite positive about. I would appreciate any advice, tips etc,with coping with this transition period. Thanks.

nomorepanic
07-07-11, 15:24
Hi Jillyw

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

xhyperyogix
07-07-11, 15:33
hi there! has he given you a taper programme? if you google professor ashton there is a site dedicated to helping people get off benzos.

best of luck!

hyper x