PDA

View Full Version : Being alone please help

ivegone!
07-07-11, 17:18
Hi my story is a long one so I will keep it as short and sweet and straight to the point.
Ive had panic disorder for 11 years, Im 28 married with a 6 year old and a baby who is 1 next week.
I have bad phases and good ones. In am currently into month 4 of the worst ive ever been.
I feel panicy 24/7 7 days a week and have been like this for over 3 months now.
I have improved in recent weeks I manage to stop a full blown panic attack before i get to the point of no return but they are still very bad. when this all started really bad i couldnt move off the couch could eat etc. My symptoms are no better and i push my self to do what i need to to get by. eg shower, eat, cook.
My husband had to take time off work on the sick.
He went back on Monday. This is what my problem is.
I hate being on my own, 5 minutes i just to say cope but anymore and it magnifies every feeling I have and terrifies me to the point i really cant cope. I end up so terrified i am paralysed and just cant move, speak etc.
My husbands first day on Monday was a short 9-5 shift he left home at 8.15 and returned aT 5.30, he normally leaves home at 7.am and returns agt 8.30pm. His manager has put him on one day on one day off for this month.
I pretty much filled the day in from 9-3 with company (not an easy thing) and to be honest i still felt bad., then by 4 i had to ring my mam screaming and crying completely freaking out i could hardly speak to her it was that bad.
So tommorow i have 13 and a half hours on my own to deal with and I am so so scared.
My symptoms are I think just about the whole list feeling like i will collapse, derealisation and my eyes are the 3 i cant cope with the most especially not when im alone. i know they wont harm me but the feelings are so intense i really cant cope alone. i dont drive have no friends or family nearby other than my mum and 1 friend who lives at other side of town. I feel so trapped.
I have arranged for my mum to come over and us go to town ( i must be crazy at least the odd time ive braved it with my hubby if it gets too much i can jump back in the car and go but tommorw we will be going on the bus !) so that will take up about 3 hours. I really cant bare the thought of being alone the rest of the time.
I am worse in the house but when i go out walking like taking my son to school i feel dreadful to the point i never know how i got from a to b)
The feelings are so intense and i can only just get through the day with my husband here and spending a large part of the day out in the car somewhere.
Any ideas of how i can cope at home alone for all them hours? distraction can work when im not alone but when i try to distract on my own i end up having a massive panic attack for some reason. i know how to keep calm etc but its just not something i can do when im alone.
Sorry was meant to be short
Angela

honeyp1e
07-07-11, 17:31
Hi am Danielle also 28, I really don't no how to help you as am in the same boat as you i HATE bein alone i can't remember the last time i was alone but when my bf goes to work my parents are here with me at least one of them so i haven't been on my own now for over 2 years not even for 5mins if my mum or dad need to go shops etc i make up an excuse to go the shop with them :weep:
i don't no why i don't like bein alone as i no panic attacks can't kills us or anythin i think mine is more my phobia as i have a phobia of vomiting and i no thats why i don't like bein on my own....
i haven't always been like this and hope one day i will be bk to normal again but when ??

ames
07-07-11, 17:59
Hi
Are you on any sort of medication. You sound like I was a few months back, it does get better, I am still on my journey. My main fear now is leaving the house alone, but I have been forcing myself to do it and it is getting easier, it can be a slow process but you will get there. Have you read any self help books, Claire weekes is very good. I know that when I was at my worse I couldn't even look at a book, but one thing I did do was make sure I wrote a journal, even if just little things, if you have a bad thought, write it down but then write something positive after it.
You sound like you have a supportive husband which is great, try and draw strength from the people around you.
I hope I have been of some help, if you want to you can PM me. Xx

ivegone!
07-07-11, 18:50
Hi thank you for both your replies.
Danielle i would give the world to be able to have someone with me the whole time I really arnt in any way ready for this. We have just had a ride out in the car for an hour and ive started with a migraine due to the worry of it and then developed a new symptom which ive only had mildly but i can normally make myself believe im being stupid. i just felt like my tongue had swelled and my throat was all tight it still feels like that a bit i know its probably just indigestion but i actually got really scared. so another symptom to battle tommorow.
The journal thing is something i keep going to do but just never got round to it, maybe i will begin tommorow if i can hold a pen long enough. they really do get that bad when im on my own.
It is so worrying to think that i have a 6 year old and a soon to be one year old to look after when i feel the way i do. I dont think if i sat and typed all night i could ever explain just how bad i get when im on my own.
I tell myself its going to be ok, this is going to be the turning point, and believe tommorow night ill look back and say it wasnt so bad.... told myslef all that on monday but it was horrific!
I have been thinking of having a looking in the library for some self-help books maybe i will do that on Monday.
I am on no medication i was when i first started 11 years ago but came off that after 18 months and i now refuse to take anymore. i have epilepsy and a growth on my brain (yes that helps the panic loads!) so complicates medication any way.
Keep counting the hours till he leaves 12 now and im in a right panicky state.
: (
Thank you for your replies
Angela