PDA

View Full Version : Self Help for Your Nerves

nikk
04-04-04, 22:26
Self Help for Your Nerves: Learn to Relax and Enjoy Life Again by Overcoming Stress and Fear : Dr Claire Weekes.

This book is brilliant..a got it last week, and after reading it for an hour i felt better than i have for months. It is the best thing i have read..it really helped. It explains how to learn to accept your anxiety and symptoms for what they are and not to fear or fight them. Do this and your on your way to recovery.

Good stuff!!

nikk

PinkLady
04-04-04, 23:09
good stuff!
thank you for sharing.

Trina

Trina

Brownie
05-04-04, 06:13
Hey Nikk,

Thanks for the recomendation, i'll be sure to check it out as it has seemed to be very helpful to you.:)

-Christie[:I]

kizzy
05-04-04, 10:33
Her books are great,she got me through the worst of my panics
20 years ago,don't know what I would have done without her.

love kiz

beverley
06-04-04, 19:19
Hi All

Hope you are ok?

I read the post from nikk about the book recommendation and I am wondering if anyone else has any books they like to recommend as I have some pennies to put to some good use.:D

Well I am off now to do my up 2,3,4, down 2,3,4 -excerises following a video[:I]Thank god no one can see me I might scare them off mind ya they have to climb a ladder first:D

speak to you soon
Beverley

kizzy
06-04-04, 19:55
Hi Beverly,I found the book by Terri Connelly very good,its called
The anxiety trap I think.
love kiz

apm
06-04-04, 20:19
Kevin Gournay's book 'No Panic' is excellent in every way. Helps you to understand what's happening, how it can be treated, as well as some good self-help advice and coping strategies.

Alex.

If you're in a hole, stop digging... unless you're a miner.

red
07-04-04, 08:40
Hiya nikk

Good one to bring up this! I, like kizzy bought this over 20 years ago and it still makes excellent sense. Alex mentioned Kevin Gourneys book - that is a really good read too. The booklets from NoPanic are very useful as well but you can pick most of it up from their web site.

Red
x

uryjm
07-04-04, 21:45
"Beyond Fear" by Dorothy Rowe is an interesting look at the psychology of who we are and why we fear what we do. I found it really helpful when I was trying to understand panic attacks and "why me"?

Jim

beverley
08-04-04, 10:27
Morning gang,

Thanks for all the replies so far I will check all recommendations out.

Beverley
xx