PDA

View Full Version : Looking Very White I was told pain in the leg bad anxiety

gordie1
07-07-11, 19:49
Hi there for the last few days Ive been getting a gnawing pain in my left leg, I have varicose veins and I thought that that might be it. I got stabbing pains in my chest when I was lying down in bed last night so I took indigestion tabs and a valium and managed to get 4 hours. I had a couple of cups of coffee this afternoon so I was feeling all jittery which is normal for me but when I went to Asda I met this friend I hadnt seen for ages and she asked me if I looked alright I looked awful white. Well this has set me off Ive been checking in the mirror every 2 minutes counting my pulse which is fine and googling which is not fine. I had a test done 6 months ankle brachial index and the results was I do have less circulation in my left leg now I am worried Ive got a blockage. And Ive had left arm pain a few times today and now Im sure its my heart, I had an ecg 6 months ago, but I keep thinking things could have changed. Im really uptight I dont want to take another valum as I dont want to get into a bad habit. What would make someone look awful white apart from the bad things on google. Could tiredness make you look really white?

Ambers
07-07-11, 21:05
Hi - I had a varicose vein removed many years ago and I still somtimes get that kinda of pain in my leg.

If I got a pound for everytime someone tells me I look pale I would be a very very rich person by now :) The fact that you only slept for 4 hours probably made you look washed out. I know that with lack of sleep I look even whiter than usual not helped with dark rings under my eyes. Do you think this could explain why this friend had commented on your ghostly appearance? HTH

looking4answers
07-07-11, 21:13
I have to agree with the previous poster. All my life out of the blue people have told me that I look this way and that. My mom used to tell me I looked pale or ash colored and over the years I have been told I look tired or one way or the other. Im 56 now so guess there wasnt too much wrong with me .:) Anyway dont worry about it. Most of us that get anxious tend to have weird expressions during those anxious times.

gordie1
07-07-11, 21:48
Thanks everyone feeling a bit better now

Anxious_gal
07-07-11, 22:03
Hey I am thr very same way with connecting syptoms, but they may not be connected, I find I can calm myself down and think logically but then they are other times I cannot tell if I am over reacting,
If you think this is just going to cause you a lot of anxiey go see your doc if you think you will find it reasuring.
I dont have any medical advice to offer as ive never been in your situation, hope you'll feel better soon