PDA

View Full Version : hi do know if anyone is online need support

smithdebbie264
08-07-11, 00:41
hi i took my first tablet at 9:36 tonight and tried to sleep but can't i took 20mg

traciec39
08-07-11, 00:44
Hi darling
20 mg is a very normal starting dose, it shouldnt affect your sleeping, maybe your worrying about its effects.
you will be fine
Tracie x

no_name
08-07-11, 08:57
Well, the 20mg is really the usual dose, but it is possible you can't sleep because of it. If that's the case don't worry, it will not last for long time.

Johno
08-07-11, 10:45
hi i took my first tablet at 9:36 tonight and tried to sleep but can't i took 20mg

Hi,

I am on 40mg per day and started at 10mg, up to 20mg, then 40mg. At 10mg I was having problems sleeping. Initially I was taking my tablet in the morning and finding that I was tired and also more anxious. After a week of bad sleepon 40mg, I decided to take it at 10pm. A good decision as after a couple of days I have started to sleep better. The trick I think is to be realy tired and have a milky drink and relax to music. I have been on citalopram for about 7 weeks now.

You will sleep better soon.
:)

smithdebbie264
08-07-11, 20:17
well i am at the end of my first day don't feel any different no symtoms yet, in an hour will betaking my next one abit scared

mikesmith
09-07-11, 10:33
There is nothing to worry about. 20Mg is a normal, quite low dose. they do take a few weeks to start taking effect, you may feel a bit queer ( cant think of a better word ) but its nothing to worry about, any small side effects normally last less than a week. I have been on them for 4 years now, with no nasty side effects.

no_name
09-07-11, 11:08
There is nothing to worry about. 20Mg is a normal, quite low dose. they do take a few weeks to start taking effect, you may feel a bit queer ( cant think of a better word ) but its nothing to worry about, any small side effects normally last less than a week. I have been on them for 4 years now, with no nasty side effects.
Hi, you've been on citalopram for 4 straight years? How do you feel, are there any problems related to the medicine? I had been taking it for almost 2 years and was hoping to stop it, but the depression/anxiety hit me again and don't know if i will ever stop it:ohmy: