PDA

View Full Version : Gallstone sufferers

louisa2983
08-07-11, 03:58
Hi everyone,

Just wondering if its possible to have gallstone attacks without eating or drinking anything to trigger one.

I am having one now and haven't eaten since 6pm last night and then i didn't have any fatty foods.

My gallbladder is full of tiny stones so i thought that maybe one could be trying to pass??????

eeyorelover
08-07-11, 05:13
I have had dinner at 6pm and had an attack at 6am the next morning. I had a gallstone that was obstructing my duct or whatever and had to have my gallbladder removed.
Have you had a sono to see where the stones are?
An attack isn't only caused by fatty foods altho they are a definite no no. Lettuce and cabbage bothered me horribly! Also if you eat too much it can cause issues because when you have stones in your gallbladder it doesn't function as well or empty as quickly.
Soaking in a hot bath and anti-gas tablets helped me a lot with the pain of an attack.
Hope you feel better soon!!!
xxx
Sandy

Hazel B
09-07-11, 12:10
Mine got to the point where I had constant pain regardless of what I ate or when. The blockage can happen without food and it hurts. I could also eat dinner at 6pm then wake ujp with poain at 3-4ish in the morning. Hope it gets sorted soon.

Horse
09-07-11, 23:12
The thing to remember here is that the Gallbladder can become inflammed and will therefore produce pain whether you've eaten or not. I experienced discomfort even though I only had minute crystals present. The inflammation was in fact caused by too much stomach acid.