PDA

View Full Version : ears and tension

rb1978
08-07-11, 14:47
This may sound a bit strange but does anyone know if tension caused by anxiety can affect an ear. My anx is off the scale right now and it all started with vertigo two months ago which kind of was a one-off but I'm obsessed with my ears now.

I'm getting light-headedness and wooziness and weird feelings like I'm not quite still or things r giddy. If my ear pops I feel it go through me, and some sounds seem louder somehow and they make me feel jumpy too, a little unsteady.

I've noticed it's worse if I've had a bad night the night before. Today it's bad and last night I kept waking up in a sweat and tossing n turning.

The doc last checked my ears in May and they were fine though they felt terrible to me at the time. And I've been on the nhs website and have none of the symptoms of ear infections or vertigo now but nearly all the symptoms of anx.

I'm wondering if the muscles round my ear and the ear itself is so tense that it's hypersensitive? Anyone had any similar experiences...?

anxietyoverload
08-07-11, 14:57
i have trouble with my ears, they just build up too much wax, and if they are uneven my balance is totally off! really bad, to the point of waking me up in the night! x