PDA

View Full Version : Both eyelids twitching

sunflower7
08-07-11, 15:37
My left eyelid started twitching about 2 weeks ago and has been on and off everyday. I am really worried as now my right eye has started too :weep:. I know when people are stressed that one eye can usually twitch but am worried as its now both. I also keep getting a lot of mouth ulcers. I am 34 weeks pregnant and so worried I have an auto immune condition or a neurological one.
Please can anyone offer me any help/advice?

x

kah
08-07-11, 15:45
Hi there,

I can't offer any advice only reassurance that you are not alone! Both my eyelids twitch, have done for some time now.

I'm sure it's nothing to worry about
Kerri-anne xxx

sunflower7
08-07-11, 15:49
Thanks. I worry everytime it happens and get upset. The right eye has just started. x

jaynjaylyn
08-07-11, 18:28
It happeneds to me all the time!!! im pretty sure its normal.

tobyjug01
08-07-11, 18:46
Hi. Try not to worry cos you are not alone on this one. It is a normal reaction to stress. Mine do it most days,try to tell your self that its nothing,soon when your little one is here you will be so bussy you will forget about it and i bet it will stop. Try and chill and all will be okay.:yesyes:

Rachel W
08-07-11, 19:41
Just so you know that eyelid twitching is the most benign of any twitching. I twitch all over and had all the tests and it is just anxiety. You are fine, you can be sure. When we are anxious, our nervous system works overtime, and one of symptoms of this is contraction and release of muscles. Have you ever seen those comedies where some old geyser is getting more and more upset and his eye starts twitching? Classic symptom.

debs71
13-08-11, 00:57
Gee...I know how annoying this is RIGHT at this very moment!

My left under eye has been twitching for a week now. It varies between a very rapid twitch all across the area under my eye to a constant slow twitch right in the corner of my left eye.

It is driving me NUTS...ARGGGHHH!!!:curse:

Apparently the causes are too much caffeine, lack of sleep, long periods on the computer and anxiety/stress.

I wouldn't mind but I am not especially anxious, so the only thing I can put it down to is tiredness and too much laptop time/eye strain.

I am praying it will soon depart.:mad:

s11fyx
13-08-11, 06:58
Happens to me to dry eyes can cause it also do you spend alot of time in tge computer? That can cause it to mine just stopped after taking a break from the laptop x

looking4answers
13-08-11, 07:06
You sure arent alone.Lately I have been twitching in places I didnt even know you could twich. Also at night when closing my eyes both eyes will twitch and my jaw trembles and then when I go to sleep my legs start twitching and jerkiing ,I have read this is all pretty normal with anxious people. Good luck and hope you feel better soon.