PDA

View Full Version : Lost a lot of weight... Worried.

Trevstan
08-07-11, 22:32
Hi all first post here and somewhere to release the tension.

I have been in full blown anxeity attack for the last 9 week's or so and for some reason i weighed myself and found out i had lost about 20 pound's.

I had not been eating as my normal self maybe's lucky to be eating 1000 cal's and i was a big lad 252lb's and am 31 year's old.

Now come's the bad part i have been having mucus in my stool with the odd twinge of blood, the odd stomach cramp but i keep asscoiating the weight loss to these symptom's and you know what my conclusion come's to.

I have spoken to my doctor about my fear's and he symphasied with me told me to get my blood's done one was glutten the other was the thyroid and not sure of the last, also he has made me an appointment to see some for a colonscopy, i just don't know if i can make it another 2 week's to find out if i have.

Also i have recently lost another 2 pound's since i seen the doctor i am so scared, is it normal to lose weight this fast with anxeity?

Thank's

Catalyst
08-07-11, 23:45
Hi, if a man your age and build starts eating only 1000 calories a day, I would expect it to be very likely to see a lot of weight drop off fast! Also, I wonder how balanced your diet could be? Maybe the lack of certain food groups is causing your bowel probs? 1000 cals is really not much. Even when I do my strictest dieting phases, I eat way more calories than that and still lose weight! And I'm a 140lb (ish) female! Try not to think the worst - at least you're having some tests for peace if mind. All the best, Carly

Trevstan
09-07-11, 00:06
Thank's for the reply i just read a person in my age range has a 0.06 chance of getting the C word.

So i have to look at that as a positive also i guess, google come in handy for a change i guess.

The weight thing has totally freaked me out i must be checking my weight 10-15 time's a day now, just tryed to sleep but i am far to anxoius feel's like my heart want's to jump out my chest, i am going to have to hold out till my eye's decide they are to heavy i have only had like 4 hour's sleep in the last 2 day's.

Anxious_gal
09-07-11, 01:26
Anxiety causes you to burn more calories as well as kill your appetite.
I lost over stone, about 8 months ago and so far despite eating more only gained 6 pounds back. I lose weight when ever my anxiety gets bad which sucks as I don't have the weight to losing!
try drinking more calories , like Complan, or those protein drinks, use extra butter and sugar ect...
the blood work is just routine, I've had my thyroid tested twice this year as well as other blood work.
you are getting a bit obsessed over your weight, really try and stop those thoughts and behaviors if you can.
what is it that is freaking out about losing weight? For me it was becoming underweight and my looks.
Your heart is racing due to you being anxious, because you are trying to sleep you will be much more aware of it but it is by no means dangerous.
CBT therapy is very good for anxiety, I suggest you find a therapist or a professional who can help you learn how to manage your anxiety better.
it is a very hard thing to deal with on your own x

Trevstan
09-07-11, 01:54
Thank's for the reply i guess i am linking the sudden weight loss to the big C, and it's stupid i know i just cant let go of it.

The doctor gave me some citalopram but it's making me feel more anxouis at the minute till the side effect's wear off... Heart beat and fatigue i am getting out of the side effect's.

Just passed another stool and no mucus or blood my stool is not solid but i dare bet that's down to lack of nutrient's from not eating.

It's all a vicious circle, i keep telling myself i am ok and i do believe i am just i am and alway's will be a very anxoius person over my health... Over the last 9 week's i felt i couldn't get a proper breath ended up getting a scope done everything was fine and it disappeared till i got a pain in my back near the shoulder blade after reading about risk's of a bronchoscopy... Then this bowt it's been none stop for 9 week's.

rainbow
09-07-11, 12:08
hi, i know how you feel, i've been going through similar myself.

I've been severely anxious for the past 6 weeks. I have ibs and since this anxious spell has started i've been having loose stools/diahoreah on and off. I've spoken to a few drs about this and they all say anxiety.

I have also lost my appetite because of this, barely eating 700 calories a day and have lost about 18lbs. Logic tells me that if i don't eat enough i'll lose weight but my irrational sides has me imagining it Must be cancer.

Does your gp think you're needing a colonscopy or is it for your peace of mind?

Hope you feel better soon.

Trevstan
09-07-11, 14:39
Hi thanks for the reply, maybes for peace of mind i think i was near enough in tears in the doctors office... He said its rare for a person so young to get colon cancer and hes leaning towards IBD...

I was that freaked out i had a paramedic out today as i cant sleep i might get 5 mins then i am awake... I guess it could be a side effect of citarapram but i need something to calm myself down.

Anyways all my vital signs are good... I am just so freaked out with losing my weight.

AlexandriaUK
09-07-11, 14:53
Hi and yes anxiety will make you lose weight and you sound like my dog no disrespect she has colitus and thats the same symptoms and 2 years ago I lost 24 lbs in 3 weeks through health scare and the chances of it being a C is very very remote your anxiety is causing inflamation and over activity of the bowel hence the blood and mucus common as sh** :) get the tests to put your mind at reast and maybe lose a bit more weight and you will feel even better.
Your doc will put you right as he is getting the tests done to give you peace of mind I am sure.

http://i1102.photobucket.com/albums/g460/adogforlife/HealingStonesfordogs.jpg
Some healing stones for you

rainbow
09-07-11, 15:19
hi,

This anxiety and fear is consumimg, is'nt it? Have you been told how long you'll have to wait for your colonscopy?

Try not to worry too much about the weight loss, you will lose weight if you don't eat enough. If you're only averaging about 1000 cals a day i'd imagine you'd lose about 2/3lbs per week.

i hope you don't have to wait too long to get things resolved.

Trevstan
09-07-11, 16:10
Thank's, i am losing more than 2/3 lb a week more like near enough 1lb a day i was 228lb on wednesday just weighed myself and i am 224.4 lb.

This is what's freaking me out i even told the paramedic that's the big thing that's playing on my mind.

Still waiting for my letter to confirm my colonscopy.

rainbow
09-07-11, 16:33
hi i'm sorry you're feeling so bad, i know exactly what you're going through.

Is your gp concerned about your weight loss? an average man needs approx 2000/2200 cals per day to maintain his weight, so you are well short of that so it makes sense that you're losing weight so quickly. I'm losing about 4lbs a week on around 700 cals per day. I'm trying to bump up my calorie intake with calorie laden drinks.

Are you getting any help with your anxiety?

Trevstan
09-07-11, 17:10
hi i'm sorry you're feeling so bad, i know exactly what you're going through.

Is your gp concerned about your weight loss? an average man needs approx 2000/2200 cals per day to maintain his weight, so you are well short of that so it makes sense that you're losing weight so quickly. I'm losing about 4lbs a week on around 700 cals per day. I'm trying to bump up my calorie intake with calorie laden drinks.

Are you getting any help with your anxiety?

Umm i finally admited to the doctor that i needed something to calm me down because i was freaking out, but apart from that no.

I am not to sure if he was concerned he done the normal procedure of the blood test and the scope i don't know if that was for medical reason or just to ease my mind, he mentioned IBD.

I eat maybe's 1000 cal's but when my anxeity goes crazy i normally go for a 30 min to 1hr walk which probably's consume's most of my intake.

I am worried that once i run out of weight what happen's next.

Also i am worried that i won't get any sleep i read Citalopram can mess with your sleep until the side effect's pass over i stuggled to get an 1hr before kept waking up.

pussy cat
09-07-11, 23:59
oh dear - you are going through it arn,t you - first thing first - yes anxiety will 100% make you lose weight-i went from 133lbs to 98lbs in about 8 weeks & also your definitely not eating enough calories which will only make matters worse-your diet plus anxiety/stress as others have said is more than likely causing the bowel problem so your in a vicious circle,the sooner you get this sorted the better for you but first thing monday morning what you must do & i,m telling you this after years of experience with doctors & being referred to consultants/tests/etc not for myself but for my husband & nothing to do with h.a. is phone up your doctors secretary & ask has the letter of referral been sent - if not then please do it immediatly - if it has been sent ask when it was sent & to whom or what department - if 2/3 days have elapsed since it was sent then phone the department/secretary that it was sent to & ask if it has been recieved & when will you get an appointment - i really do urge you to do this & keep on to it as the number of times my husbands referalls/appointments have gone astray is unbelievable & now the n.h.s. is in the state it,s in it will get worse - my advice to anyone who is waiting after a doctors referall is give it a week & then follow it up & keep on to it - hope this helps,i,m sure you will be o.k.as your symptoms are so common to anxiety/stress :yesyes:

Trevstan
10-07-11, 00:32
That's alot of weight lost! 35lb's! I think i have had about 1500 cal's today plus some sugary drink's so all in all nearly 2000 forced the food down my neck... Most of it being liquid i.e yogurt's.

I am so worried and like you said it's a vicious circle and i know for a fact i won't be any good till i get this scope done.

I have alway's had HA but this has rose to the max.

Edit-: Forcing chocolate down now another 500 cal, i won't let this anxeity beat me!

Anxious_gal
10-07-11, 02:09
Sounds like health anxiety, your worried about weight loss because you think it means cancer and don't feel to reassured by your doctor.
You will weight more than night than you will in the morning, also it takes times for your body to turn calories into fat so weighing every day won't give you a true weight.
Eat more high calorie foods, find things that are maybe not filling but have tones of calories.
I always found Pizza to be the one food that helps me gain weight.
Well done on trying to eat the brownie, I have been eating 100 calorie cookies, had 10 so far :)
I have gained and lost the same 6ish pounds a few times, but seem to be keeping it on now, just so you know it is nothing to worry about if it happens to you.

Trevstan
10-07-11, 02:59
Sounds like health anxiety, your worried about weight loss because you think it means cancer and don't feel to reassured by your doctor.
You will weight more than night than you will in the morning, also it takes times for your body to turn calories into fat so weighing every day won't give you a true weight.
Eat more high calorie foods, find things that are maybe not filling but have tones of calories.
I always found Pizza to be the one food that helps me gain weight.
Well done on trying to eat the brownie, I have been eating 100 calorie cookies, had 10 so far :)
I have gained and lost the same 6ish pounds a few times, but seem to be keeping it on now, just so you know it is nothing to worry about if it happens to you.

My brother offered me pizza before just couldn't stomach the idea of eating it, i have had 2 bowel's of sugar puff's,6 yogurt's,chicken soup and 2 slices of bread and butter and that big bar of chocolate then i had about 1.25 litre of pepsi.

I am trying my best to put calorie's back in my body just to prove that i have nothing to worry about i wouldn't even care if i dont gain weight just not lose it.

Trevstan
10-07-11, 21:41
I had a huge panic attack today cried my eye's out i think my partner is starting to feel the strain from it which is upsetting me also.

I checked my weight when i woke and i was a pound lighter from the prevoius morning.

Could losing a 1lb a day be possible down to HA?

pussy cat
10-07-11, 22:15
hi there,
glad you,ve been eating something but so sorry your feelings are so low-try & stop weighing yourself as you won,t really get a true reading doing it so often-once a week max is all that is needed obviously keeping to same clothes or lack of & don,t forget first thing tomorrow morning get on that phone-the sooner you get that test the better - keep your chin up :yesyes:

Trevstan
10-07-11, 22:28
Yeah thank's again, i will have to stop weighing myself it's driving me down in to the ground scaring me more and more.

My doctor think's that i have IBD as i am pretty young for *C*, but the test's i guess for peace of mind... I just wish it would come round soon.

I have been reading about IBD and the weight loss is pretty much a main symptom i can only hope that it's this.

Trevstan
11-07-11, 13:57
Earliest appointment is for 29th July they is no way on earth i can hold till then.

Trevstan
11-07-11, 17:20
Well went to the doctor's to explain i am unable to sleep very well and was prescribed some sleeping tablet's.

My blood test's had come back which suprised me since i only got them took on friday.

He said everything looked good and he said that normally if it was cancer one of them would have been raised, is that true?

Hazel B
11-07-11, 19:06
Sounds good to me, you have to take your doctor's word if you can now and don't fret if they have missed anything.

I don't know if there are any "markers" in a blood test that indicate cancer but your doctor will know this and would tell you if there was anything to worry about.

Try to accept that anxiety can do all sorts to your body & give you so many symptoms. Dealing with the anxiety will really help.

Trevstan
11-07-11, 19:23
Sounds good to me, you have to take your doctor's word if you can now and don't fret if they have missed anything.

I don't know if there are any "markers" in a blood test that indicate cancer but your doctor will know this and would tell you if there was anything to worry about.

Try to accept that anxiety can do all sorts to your body & give you so many symptoms. Dealing with the anxiety will really help.

My doctor would not just make it up saying that with it being normal i am fine, to allow my anxeity to calm down?

I don't think they would do that would they?

Anxious_gal
11-07-11, 19:39
I know people who had cancer and it will show up in the bloods cells, like too many white blood cells :)

Trevstan
11-07-11, 20:32
So that's a good sign then i guess?

It's the weight loss that has got to me and got me really confused.

Hazel B
11-07-11, 20:50
Your doctor would be acting unethically and against their oath if they told you a lie just to keep you from worry. It's the anxiety playing tricks on you; your mind is fixated and struggles to accept rational explanations as it's in overdrive. I was there myself and understand. You'd be called into hospital ASAP if there was any medical suspicion of cancer.

Trevstan
11-07-11, 20:59
I understand completely were your coming from and my mind is playing me a fool tbh... I am just scared he made it up to try and calm me down in the doctor's office... He said that everything looked good on my blood count apart from my liver was a bit elevated (had fatty liver about year ago come back down but had to go on antibiotic's so prob's raised it again) and said normally it would show in my blood's if they was anyhting drastic to be concerned about.

Zee
11-07-11, 21:09
Hi Trevstan, It is true that if anything in the FBC raised suspicion your GP would investigate further.. I had FBC done just over a year ago and was told this.
Re the weight loss. I went through same as you with constantly weighing myself. We obviously weigh lightest first thing am, after toilet and our weight fluctuates through the day..

Trevstan
11-07-11, 21:26
Hi Trevstan, It is true that if anything in the FBC raised suspicion your GP would investigate further.. I had FBC done just over a year ago and was told this.
Re the weight loss. I went through same as you with constantly weighing myself. We obviously weigh lightest first thing am, after toilet and our weight fluctuates through the day..

Hi thank's for replying

So it would definatly show up in my FBC as some kind of abnormality?

pussy cat
11-07-11, 22:12
hi there,
have you explained to them how much you are panicing over this ?or is there any possibility of a cancellation before the end of july-other than that how about going private-how much would the test be-i.ve done this a couple of times & it hasn,t been too pricey & well worth getting seen in a couple of days

Trevstan
11-07-11, 22:29
Yeah i explained he said what are your fear's i said of death... He said would i like to see a counciler i said yeah i think that will help tbh... I keep checking the website to see if it's any cancelation's but 27th of july is best atm... Just priced up a private one quickly and it's 1,500 pound i just don't have that kind of money.

So was looking for reassurance's from my blood work that everything is going to be ok then i guess i will have to hold out till the back end of july.

macc noodle
11-07-11, 22:41
Trevstan

There is no point in paying privately because I would like to bet my last pound that even if you had your test tomorrow you would still worry that they had made a mistake or that they were saying you were fine just to calm you down!

You see hunni, health anxiety is a little devil - no matter how many tests your doctor runs and no matter how many times they tell you that the results are normal, until you get some treatment for the HA you will always question the results. Or you will get a small amount of relief until you move onto the next illness/symptom.

I know exactly where you are coming from with the fear - I have similar issues over ovarian cancer but am working very hard at overcoming these fears and anxieties with the help of a good therapist.

Hope you get some relief from this constant worry soon.

But trust me, the weight loss is not abnormal for a person of your weight to have reduced their calorie intake to about 1000 cals per day - a large weight loss is inevitable PLUS the likelihood of IBS being diagnosed would account for the mucus in the stools also.

Try and relax a little - if the doc.had any concerns they would not hang around.......

Take care Trevstan.

:)

Macc Noodle

pussy cat
11-07-11, 22:50
god thats a lot of money-it certainly prices it out of range for the normal working man which is unfair-anyway the signs look good with the bloods,try & let this help to reassure you that your o.k.i know that you want the test asap but look at it the other way-if the doc thought there may be a problem you would have been there much quicker-he,s really only getting it done for your peace of mind & no a doc wouldn,t lie to you it,s more than their career is worth,try & keep as occupied as you can-i know it,s easier said than done & we all feel for you - your not alone :winks:

Trevstan
11-07-11, 23:12
Trevstan

There is no point in paying privately because I would like to bet my last pound that even if you had your test tomorrow you would still worry that they had made a mistake or that they were saying you were fine just to calm you down!

You see hunni, health anxiety is a little devil - no matter how many tests your doctor runs and no matter how many times they tell you that the results are normal, until you get some treatment for the HA you will always question the results. Or you will get a small amount of relief until you move onto the next illness/symptom.

I know exactly where you are coming from with the fear - I have similar issues over ovarian cancer but am working very hard at overcoming these fears and anxieties with the help of a good therapist.

Hope you get some relief from this constant worry soon.

But trust me, the weight loss is not abnormal for a person of your weight to have reduced their calorie intake to about 1000 cals per day - a large weight loss is inevitable PLUS the likelihood of IBS being diagnosed would account for the mucus in the stools also.

Try and relax a little - if the doc.had any concerns they would not hang around.......

Take care Trevstan.

:)

Macc Noodle

Thank's for the post.

I guess if they would have seen some abnormality in my blood's like he said, i just can't beleive him.

So losing a pound a day i possible ?

god thats a lot of money-it certainly prices it out of range for the normal working man which is unfair-anyway the signs look good with the bloods,try & let this help to reassure you that your o.k.i know that you want the test asap but look at it the other way-if the doc thought there may be a problem you would have been there much quicker-he,s really only getting it done for your peace of mind & no a doc wouldn,t lie to you it,s more than their career is worth,try & keep as occupied as you can-i know it,s easier said than done & we all feel for you - your not alone :winks:

Yeah crazy if it was a few 100 quid i would have defo got it done... I am trying to take the bloodwork on board and that my weight loss is all down to stress but i just can't accept it :/

Trevstan
12-07-11, 17:54
I rang the doctor's today to confirm what blood test's i got done it was a Full Blood Count, would that show anything dodgy there?

Trevstan
12-07-11, 20:48
Anyone :(?

Zee
12-07-11, 21:01
It would indicate if there was any concern and GP would have investigated further.

Rich101
12-07-11, 21:10
Hello trevstan, To me the main issue comming accross is your level of anxiety. This will affect your whole body. Im not saying that you would lose as much as a 1lb a day through anxiety. But it will not help the cause anyhow. I have been having bowel problems for the the past 5/6 weeks, and like yourself I am waiting for a sigmoidoscopy.

I had a full blood test last thursday and now just awaiting results, as if it shows anything unusual they may fast track the sigmoidoscopy.

I know its tempting to try a shovel food down your throat when losing weight, I felt like it myself. But the foods you are eating may be contributing to the symptoms, if it is I.B.D.

I have cut out dairy and alcohol in a trial to see if it alleviates any of my symptoms.

Trevstan
12-07-11, 21:10
It would indicate if there was any concern and GP would have investigated further.

Yeah my GP said everything was fine there and i had nothing to worry about my liver was a bit high but i had fatty liver a year ago or so and have had some med's that could have increased it... My colonoscopy is done in 2 week's time but i think he's done that for peace of mind maybe's.

I am just so worried about the weight loss i would say i have lost about 5 pound's this week :weep:...

Hazel B
12-07-11, 21:20
It is anxiety, please try to see this. It makes you lose weight, stop sleeping, sweat, have tummy trouble, fast pulse..... there is a list in the Symptoms section on the left of the screen. The doctor will not lie and you will help yourself if you see that it's anxiety.

Trevstan
12-07-11, 21:29
It is anxiety, please try to see this. It makes you lose weight, stop sleeping, sweat, have tummy trouble, fast pulse..... there is a list in the Symptoms section on the left of the screen. The doctor will not lie and you will help yourself if you see that it's anxiety.

I know it's anxeity that's more than likely causing all my symptom's but then i keep thinking "what if" (which is the anxeity casuing that... it's all a vicious circle.)

I keep weighing myself to see if i am losing which is more than likely causing more stress, i really need to stop doing it...

I need to tell myself i am 31 year old and i am fine but it just won't sink in, i feel so exhausted this is all that's going on in my mind i can't concentrate on anything else i just feel so fatigued.

The weight loss has gotten in to my head so much :weep:

Zee
12-07-11, 21:32
I lost 2 stones about 11 years ago with my first episode of HA.. I was always a healthy eater before and it freaked me out.. but I recovered from HA and weight went back on.. Nothing for 11 years and then HA raised its head again after several very stressful years and weight started to come off again.. I had gained more weight than I was comfy with and was told that if you are overweight the pounds come off quickly for a while.
Do you weigh yourself same time each day? wearing same clothes ?

Trevstan
12-07-11, 21:37
I lost 2 stones about 11 years ago with my first episode of HA.. I was always a healthy eater before and it freaked me out.. but I recovered from HA and weight went back on.. Nothing for 11 years and then HA raised its head again after several very stressful years and weight started to come off again.. I had gained more weight than I was comfy with and was told that if you are overweight the pounds come off quickly for a while.
Do you weigh yourself same time each day? wearing same clothes ?

I find myself weighing myself multiple time's a day yeah, i wear a t-shirt and short's.

I was well overweight 17 1/2 stone down to about 16ish stone now... But all that i am thinking that i have lost 5 pound's this week... And i am sure that can't be a good sign.

Trevstan
13-07-11, 03:15
Just been reading other people post's on the internet they were people that had lost 12 pounds in 2 week's so i guess that is plausable...

Also what make's me think it's anxeity is that i had a huge monster pain in my bacl for 2 week's i thought it was pnemonia now that's disappeared since i got this one stuck in my head.

It's strange that anxeity/stress can make you lose so much weight :S!

Trevstan
13-07-11, 16:52
Got on the scale's this morning to find out i have lost another pound, i really need to stop weighing myself it's put me in a mini panic attack.

I went out and bought some weight gain stuff today to see if that will help.

Edit-: With me being well overweight is that why my stress/plus lack of appetite is casuing me to lose more weight than other people, if it it actually down to stress?

Zee
13-07-11, 21:01
Its very difficult Trevstan... whatever you eat the calories can just burn off quickly. I have maintained my weight for 6 weeks and last night a bad night, restless and couldnt sleep..lost an extra three quarter pound with all the tossing ,turning and up and down stairs..
I find it amazing though that there are thousands of sites on the net to help people lose weight and I havent yet found a single one which is dedicated to helping people to Gain weight which has been lost due to anxiety/depression:ohmy:

Trevstan
13-07-11, 21:30
Your probably's right, i spoke to my doctor on monday i said what else can cause weight loss he said stress i said how much can you lose he said load's... I have managed 1 bowl of cereal today and 2 1500 cal shake's (which almost made me puke) tryed my tea my partner made me i ate half a chicken potion and about 3 chip's then felt sick.

My heart rate is so high = it's like exercising plus i go for atleast 1 30 min brisk walk a day to clear my mind... I am more than likley burning more cal's than i am intaking.

I am trying to be rational but you know what HA is like, i lost weight equal's the worst case senario...

bevwilks
13-07-11, 21:35
Hi i suffered the same sort of thing to you, when i begun suffering with anxiety i lost 2 stone in about 2 months i went right down to 8 stone. i have now put a few pounds back on but find it difficult to put any more on. i was again like you and didn't eat very much, i found it hard to eat as i was so focused on my anxiety...

Trevstan
13-07-11, 21:37
Hi i suffered the same sort of thing to you, when i begun suffering with anxiety i lost 2 stone in about 2 months i went right down to 8 stone. i have now put a few pounds back on but find it difficult to put any more on. i was again like you and didn't eat very much, i found it hard to eat as i was so focused on my anxiety...

It's good to hear that someone has lost the same kind of weight as me, i mean to say i needed to lose weight but not this way!

What caused you to lose the weight?

Zee
13-07-11, 21:37
Yes, I understand the weight loss anxiety thing..You probably already know this but your body burns ccalories all through the day.Even for basic functions of organs and sleeping which equates to burning about roughly 400 cals for an 8 hour sleep..
Have you calculated your Basal Metabolic rate Trevstan ? Thats the cals a person requires simply for doing nothing all day ? and when you add calories burned doing daily activities...we need those extra calories to prevent weight loss.

Trevstan
13-07-11, 22:02
Yes, I understand the weight loss anxiety thing..You probably already know this but your body burns ccalories all through the day.Even for basic functions of organs and sleeping which equates to burning about roughly 400 cals for an 8 hour sleep..
Have you calculated your Basal Metabolic rate Trevstan ? Thats the cals a person requires simply for doing nothing all day ? and when you add calories burned doing daily activities...we need those extra calories to prevent weight loss.

I needed roughly 3000 cal's and that was doing no exercise to keep my weight.

I used to eat 2 packet's of crisp's when i got up, have my dinner meal then a sweet (cake or something) then i would have sandwich's and 2 pack's of crisp's about 10-11 then have something like soup and 4 slice's of bread at about 2 all washed down with soda and i wasn't very pro active.

Since 9 week's ago i have struggled eating... Plus i go on 30min walk's sometime's twice a day.

Hazel B
13-07-11, 22:31
I went from 3 solid hearty meals a day to one bowl of porridge, some nuts and 3 fish fingers every day. I could not believe I was the same person as I love to eat! I lost weight quickly but soon stopped getting on the scales as it stressed me more.

You will get through this and look back one day, it takes time but you will get over this. It will pass.

Trevstan
14-07-11, 01:45
I hope so Hazel B i have had 2 shake's that have 3000 cal's in and a bowl of frosties and a banana no good tbh... i tried to eat my tea but i felt sick everytime i went to take a bite.

This Health Anxeity can be quite a thing.... Rational thinking never come's in to play.

Hazel B
14-07-11, 13:33
You'll get your rationale back; it just takes time to escape that fight or flight you get stuck in. You're fixating on things now but they will fade in time. It did for me.

enriqjames
14-07-11, 14:11
A woman's body through a huge amount of changes in menopause - than at any other time since puberty and pregnancy. Although weight gain is a natural side effect of menopause, may be some weight loss - can be a sign of a hormone imbalance should be corrected with drugs.

Zee
14-07-11, 15:10
I had the same problem with stepping on the scales many times a day and it does stress you more. Ive got to the point now of thinking oh well, Im doing my best and I weigh couple times a day.. I have put a 1lb on here and there but lost it again if the eating goes down.

Hazel B
14-07-11, 17:18
Just to confirm that Trev is male so female hormone issues will not be an issue. :)

Trev - hope you're ok. Try to distract your mind by doing busy things.

Trevstan
14-07-11, 17:52
I was thinking i had a sex change there haha!...

Umm i managed to eat 3 yorkshire puds a pie and mash today :D! Yesterdqay morning i weighed 223.4 this morning i weighed 224.4 so i hope that's a good sign... I am trying my best to take my mind of thing's then i noticed that i could see my bone's at the top of my rib cage freaked me out but i calmed down.

I really need to chill and eat and gain some weight for peace of mind... Then after that i can lose some since i need to.

Hazel B
14-07-11, 20:10
Well done on eating all that food! I'm sure when you calm down your weight will settle, mine did & I'm careful now not to put it back on. I was overweight before so now I've got my head around it & bought new clothes I want to stay slim.

Take care.

Trevstan
14-07-11, 21:02
Well done on eating all that food! I'm sure when you calm down your weight will settle, mine did & I'm careful now not to put it back on. I was overweight before so now I've got my head around it & bought new clothes I want to stay slim.

Take care.

I was talking to my Dad about it all he said if i was really ill the weight wouldn't go back on no matter what... Helped settle my mind as i think he's right?

I think i want to put a couple of pound's back on for peace of mind to know hey i am alright then maybe's keep the weight i am...

Hazel B
15-07-11, 14:26
Don't forget your blood result was OK and did not show any signs for concern. It really is anxiety that messes up our bodies and minds like this. It's scary but true.

I had convinced myself I had liver cancer and look back now with a wry smile as I know I'm OK. This took months of medical tests to prove I only had gallstones and lots of counselling and living well. Once I had the all clear on my final MRI my body started to calm down.

Keep trying to eat smaller meals more often for now and work on the anxiety. Take Care.

Trevstan
15-07-11, 22:33
Yeah i am trying my best i havn't lost any weight the last 2 day's due to having shake's = 3,500 cal's then a little bit food to top it up....

I really need to get back on my food properly, but i feel to stressed and nervous.

Zee
16-07-11, 10:29
Yeah i am trying my best i havn't lost any weight the last 2 day's due to having shake's = 3,500 cal's then a little bit food to top it up....

I really need to get back on my food properly, but i feel to stressed and nervous.

Just wondering Trevstan which shakes you have? Ive been trying to find one with high calories..

Trevstan
16-07-11, 15:22
Just wondering Trevstan which shakes you have? Ive been trying to find one with high calories..

It's weightlifter stuff http://www.supplementcentre.com/Review/1325/1.5kg-Atlas-Super-Weight-Gain-Gainer.asp from the 13th i have gained about 3 lb's was 223.6 now 226.4... Now just to keep the weight i am then i'll be happy.

Zee
16-07-11, 20:57
Thanks Trevstan. Ive read through some reviews.. Its used mostly for muscle building isnt it ?
I have an intolerance to lactose though so can only take small amounts milk at any one time.

Trevstan
19-07-11, 16:06
Well i just found out today that i am not having a colonoscopy done i am only speaking to the consultant first then it goes from there... The doctor said that it doesn't work that way you have to be refered to the specialist and have a chat before anything is done he said they might do a sigmondoscopy there and then.

This doesn't bode well for me, freaked me out even more!

Anxious_gal
19-07-11, 17:58
Well for most bigger procedures you will see the consultant , which is a pain because it involves waiting. Why are you freaked out? You can ask for sedatives to help calm you down before hand.

Trevstan
19-07-11, 18:42
Yeah i guess i was just going to get the scope done straight away but the docotr made sense and the consultant will talk to me i have not lost weight in a week now... Ill just keep an eye on myself and see how it goes.

I freaked out because i expected to get it done straight away but when you think about it on the main scale my docotr couldn't have been that worried about it or it would have been pushed through a hell of a lot faster than it currently is.

Tommya77
19-07-11, 21:06
Tevenstan I was 280 pounds last year, now I am 225-230 in 6 months. I was overweight, and I am sure the stress and anxiety is what is making me lose weight. I really wouldn't worry about it . I know that is easier said than done, because right now I am having horrible anxiety.

If you ever need to talk, please pm me. I was a little worried at first with all the weight loss, then realized my body is going through a change with the anxiety.