PDA

View Full Version : Need to hear something encouraging

en07jp
09-07-11, 13:13
Hi there. So I have been struggling with my anxiety for about 2 months now. I am waiting for CBT and on 10mg of citalopram. I am not having any panic attacks anymore, just slight depression and constant anxiety. I have definitely been improving as of late, I am just worrying that I am going to get worse and that in turn makes me worse. Also, my uncles family is moving in with us for 2 weeks with his three kids and i am looking forward to it, but it is also worrying me as there will be lots of people in the house all the time.

Most the time I have nothing to be anxious about, but I just worry about headaches, illness and staying like this forever and that just fuels my anxiety. Do other people suffer with this?

Thanks. x

worried 101
11-07-11, 15:53
I totally understand.I wake up alot and have this constant knot of fear and anxiety.I also find everytime im on a high/feeling ok them I constantly worry about coming down again and half just expect it.Its a horrible feeling and I create anxiety in my head too. A month a go or so I was so bas that I had to get people to come to my house to talk to me as my doctor was worried she did not know what to do with me, and I am now to waitig for some CBT and they also upped my meds and ive been ok lately, still v anxious but not the mess that I was.I suggest maybe speaking to your doctor and seeing what advice they have, it may be that you need an incraese in your medication just to keep you on a level state of feeling ok so you dont take a downwards turn. Just try to keep yourself as busy as possible but also try and except any feeling of anxiety you have, take deep breaths and remember its ok to feel the way you are as you will not forever,Im living proof of that as have often been in that state!
Just keep going.you will be fine :) and try to look at your uncle moving in as postively as you can and enjoy a full house!:D
xxxx