PDA

View Full Version : what are these?

bexy84
09-07-11, 14:30
Okay so in your neck you have glands or lymphe nodes what ever they are , they move around and are like balls.... But behind each ear like in my neck I have a ball like thing but that is fixed where it is, not moveable around like other glands, I have them both sides, are these just glands too?

AlexandriaUK
09-07-11, 15:14
Silly thing is that if they are both sides then chances are they are normal as cancer is very rare to appear both sides, sounds like normal glands but could be hormonal depending on age sex see gp and let him have a feel I am possittive he will say NORMAL

bexy84
09-07-11, 18:59
Does anyone else have these just in your neck behind ear lobe?? I am worried as they don't seem moveable just hard and fixed there??

sophiethestar
09-07-11, 23:34
I have one behind my ear which is slowly shrinking, but when it was big it felt hard and fixed to me, but when my Doctor felt it she said it was moveable. So even if it feels a certain way to you, a health professional may think different- we don't really know what we are looking for. Also, lymph nodes behind the ear tend to feel harder compared to neck lymph nodes because the area in general is bonier and harder. Swollen lymph nodes are usually caused by infection such as coughs and colds, but even tiny things like spots, insect bites or scratches can cause them to swell too. They are a sign that you're body is doing it's job to help it heal. :)

TooWorried
10-07-11, 01:01
I have the two small hard spots behind my ears. I think those are normal! I agree with jamangie, that if I find something on both sides, I try to relax a little bit. =)

worried91
10-07-11, 01:29
If I've understood you right then I think this is just the way the human skull is shaped.