PDA

View Full Version : advice please

rebeccad
09-07-11, 19:19
hi everybody i havnt been on here for a while as my anxiety was doing extremley well. My son suffers from tics and at the moment they are quite bad his behavour is terrible and i constantly obsesivley look for it i am driving myself nuts. This has led my ha to return i am obsessed with a lump in my breast and although 2 docs have said its nothing i cannot believe it i feel ok for a few days and then im back to checking and checking to the point i have bruised myself, my doc was lovely and wants to send me to councelling which i agreed but when i have googled the place its not an nhs mental health centre its run by trained volunteer councellors this has puzzled me does this mean that theyre not as qualified than if they were employeed by nhs and also can they refer me if necessary to the mental health centre in my local area strange questions i know but its really bothering me and i probably wont end up going.
:ohmy::mad::weep: thanks for reading x

Anxious_gal
09-07-11, 20:21
when you meet the councillors they should be registered so you can google their name or call up the place where the councillors regiter :)

pussy cat
09-07-11, 23:06
hi there,
this could be another sign of all the cut backs the nhs is experiencing but as long as the councillors are trained-which they should be - volunteers or paid then it should be o.k.just to speak to someone who understands where you are coming from should be a big help-you should be able to check what training they have had :yesyes:

scrog80
09-07-11, 23:54
i take advise off people off here and read all i can to help me those people could be making it all up for all i no are any one profesionals ? would you get an electrician to fit a gas fire ? ...... google!!!!!!! never google every thing is heartatack bla bla if doctor says its ok i would be inclined to trust him .... has google examined you ? please be rational at one point i was driving my selfe insaine with google .... anxiety will kill you and so do the meds i take and so on so now i just dont do google and touch wood the doctor has been right get a second opinion or go private if you want your mind at rest .