PDA

View Full Version : NMP 10th Birthday celebrations

nomorepanic
09-07-11, 22:19
NMP will be 10 years old in November this year :yahoo:

I think we ought to do something to celebrate so any ideas?

I am thinking of doing the NMP raffle again which is always popular and a prize quiz as well.

If you think of anything else then please feel free to post here.

Thanks

bottleblond
09-07-11, 23:28
Well i think it would be good to have some mugs..wristbands etc made up, like limited edition ones and we could do an auction. :D

looking4answers
09-07-11, 23:35
I think a raffle would be fantastic and the idea of mugs is great! I love mugs :)) A raffle or auction is a great idea!

scrog80
09-07-11, 23:43
great idea mugs would be good .... wrist bands is an ace idea but not some girly rubber things something nice

nomorepanic
10-07-11, 00:53
great idea mugs would be good .... wrist bands is an ace idea but not some girly rubber things something nice

:roflmao:We do have some bands at the moment in the online shop - not sure if you have seen them or not?

nomorepanic
10-07-11, 00:54
Mugs is a good idea. Everyone uses a mug lol.

Thanks for the suggestions

venusbluejeans
10-07-11, 02:00
:roflmao:We do have some bands at the moment in the online shop - not sure if you have seen them or not?

have i been wearing a girly wristband then? :ohmy: oh wait thats ok I am a girl:D

Mugs are a good idea....... you can never have too many mugs lol

or one of the naked calendars like on the film 'calendar girls'? with all the Admins and mods for the months :yesyes:

lmao just kidding on the last one:roflmao:

debs71
10-07-11, 02:04
Mugs are a very good idea.....

...but then I would say that as I am a walking teabag with all the tea I drink.:D

I love the wristbands...mine is always on. It sounds silly but it gives me strength.

Wow, 10 years. What a wonderful achievement and how lucky are we to have the forum. Congratulations Nicola and team.xx

saro
10-07-11, 02:12
Mugs and wristbands sounds like a great Idea! Gotta say as much as love coffee id prefer wristband because im one of those ppl who likes keepsake :)

nikk_dolittle
10-07-11, 09:09
Can we let people bid the highest amount for Lisa to sign to them??? :D lol

RainbowGirl
10-07-11, 09:10
mugs and wristbands are a great idea :)

amandaj
10-07-11, 11:43
that calendar girl idea made me laugh believe me noone would want to see me lmao,mugs is a better idea nic lol

munkeyinblack
10-07-11, 12:20
What about an area of the site dedicated to testimonies and success stories over the last ten years? People could contribute stories about themselves (or perhaps members who are no longer with us?) and talk about how the site has helped them on their road to recovery? I know we already have these areas in some way but I mean more related to the impact of NMP on peoples recovery and the friends they have made etc?

Not only is it a nice way to honor the site, but it will remind Nic and the team that the impact their site has is phenomenal and their work is appreciated soo much.

munkey

~glowly worm~
10-07-11, 23:22
Munkey's idea is brilliant,

Success stories have always helped me on my journey here.
Perhaps they could be made into a book and sold to raise funds/awareness of NMP? Thought not sure if people would mind this?
Even a booklet would be good.
But also like the idea of a mug and raffle.

~glowly~

nomorepanic
10-07-11, 23:35
Thank You for all the ideas.

Talking of a calendar - we could do one but NOT of the admins and chat mods - but made up of pics that members send in and I will get them printed ready for 2012. That could be good fun to do.

I will have a think about the area for old members to post in

Mugs I can do as well.

I reckon it will be a fun 10 year birthday!

nikk_dolittle
11-07-11, 08:34
anything you need doing, let me know Nic :) xxxx

yorkylover
11-07-11, 13:13
Raffles are good,we can donate again like last time.:yahoo:

diane07
11-07-11, 22:23
Maybe we could have another virtual party in chat to celebrate the occasion too, we had such a good laugh last time we did it.

Dawn2
11-07-11, 23:18
We could raise money getting Lisa to sing to Alex and guessing how much Alex will pay to get her to stop lol

paula lynne
12-07-11, 09:35
I will send some soaps up for the raffle if you like Nic? :)
Maybe some cute cupcake ones...?

CONGRATUALTIONS ON YOUR 10TH YEAR...WHAT A FANTASTIC ACHIEVEMENT! :flowers:

amandaj
12-07-11, 10:32
think alot of us would def contribute to a raffle nic, infact think ud be over run with prizes lol xx

terror-x
12-07-11, 15:10
what do we have to do like donate a few pound ?

sounds good

nomorepanic
12-07-11, 15:19
The raffle is done with people donating prizes so no money as such.

snowgoose
12-07-11, 15:25
I am really looking forward to this celebration Nic :)

love the idea of mugs and the calender ............and wondering what designer handbag to raffle :winks::blush::wacko:

you have run this for ten years? oh heck Nic .......that brings a lump to my throat at how many lives you have saved .
:hugs:

paula lynne
12-07-11, 15:32
DESIGNER handbag Snowy??? PLEASE< PRETTY PLEASE>>>>ah, ok then...hahaha. Hope youre well lovely lady, how long til the wedding? Cant wait to see you in the hat!
Sorry for hijack....x

terror-x
12-07-11, 15:36
i know im new to the forum but i think i MIGHT only might have a psp i dont use anymore its nothing special but if it helps :)

snowgoose
12-07-11, 15:40
hellooooooooo Paula :hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs::hugs:

wedding this Saturday eeeeeeeeeeek . the floral sofa tellytubby is the grooms mum on the pics :blush:
but got room for a wee snifter hidden under my hat .
will send you pics of hat my love as soon as possible .
sorry to hijack thread too :blush:
[the fake orange tan leather bag is yours wink wink ] xxxxxx

weeble40
13-07-11, 17:31
wow terror thats a really kind offer, thankyou..that could be like a star prize i think

nomorepanic
13-07-11, 17:56
Thanks Terror - that is fab if you do.

Snow - yeah Nov 2001 it first went online in a very different format to what it is now lol

honeybee3939
13-07-11, 18:06
Flipping heck 10 years !! :yesyes:

Great site Nic i would have been lost without you, you made my life complete !

Thankyou
:hugs::hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

weeble40
13-07-11, 22:37
funny you should say that andrea, ive just been going over some of my old posts, oh i did laugh at some the states i used to be in, some of the laughs ive had, and mostly the friends ive made, i have some fab memories from meeting some and hopefully more yet to meet, its all down to nic for creating NMP, i think we should send her a medal

Emms xxx

lorac
14-07-11, 08:51
Im a truly grateful to this site and if I hadn't found it I wouldn't have know where to turn it helped me so very much Nic it was my turning point so thanks Nic you do a good job.

Carol xx

terror-x
14-07-11, 12:55
ok guys the Psp is a go i found it i have a few things on it like my ps3 account witch can be easly removed its a white psp comes with 1 game juiced 2 works perfect nothing wrong with it and i dont want to be winning the raffle and winning it back lol :)

terror-x
14-07-11, 13:13
Allso comes with 16GB memory card just incase sorry forgot to add that in let me know what i do post it to somewere or just to the winner ?

terror-x
15-07-11, 22:09
when is this happening may i ask ?

nomorepanic
15-07-11, 22:19
I will probably do the raffle starting in August as it can take several weeks to do.

I will try and sort some mugs when I work out what to put on them lol

The calendar thing I will start soon as well.

Thanks for the very kind offer terror

nomorepanic
15-07-11, 22:38
Allso comes with 16GB memory card just incase sorry forgot to add that in let me know what i do post it to somewere or just to the winner ?

You can post it to me if you want so I can hang on to it until the raffle?

terror-x
15-07-11, 22:49
is that meaning you just want to play on it untill the raffle hHAHA witch i dont mind atall mate aslong as people know ive contributed somthing im really happy with that i just dont want to win it back would rather it go to a kid or somthing msg me your address mate ill have it posted :)

nomorepanic
15-07-11, 23:07
Well we do have one here already so I promise not to play on it. Do you want any money for it at all?

I will PM you my address.

terror-x
15-07-11, 23:19
no no not atall they aint worth that much now days you can buy them for £50 its a raffle i never play on it anyway so i do not mind atall

t0rt01se36
19-07-11, 12:46
I would like to donate some signed Celebrity items for the Raffle. I'd better make sure I go to some theatres though.

A calendar is a very good idea and I think for one picture, hand pics should be sent in. You could collage the hands and use as a background pic.

Ju

mikewales
19-07-11, 20:38
Sigh, go on then, I'll do the calender - not that I need much encouragement to get my kit off :D

paula lynne
19-07-11, 22:04
Can I send a picture of me up the mountain behind our house? 1500ft above sea level, not bad for an agoraphobic! Thanks NMP, youve helped me in ways you wont begin to imagine.....x:hugs:

nomorepanic
19-07-11, 22:37
haha mike - trust u

sure paula - i will get the threads set up soon for the calender etc

terror-x
20-07-11, 23:14
Sigh, go on then, I'll do the calender - not that I need much encouragement to get my kit off :D

ok forum calendar im in :shades::roflmao::roflmao:

venusbluejeans
05-08-11, 18:33
ok forum calendar im in :shades::roflmao::roflmao:

you can be April Terror, It means you have to dress up as the easter buuny:yesyes:

terror-x
05-08-11, 22:02
hay dont mind doing calender and i was suppos to send my psp to someone for this raffles forgot about it so who ever it was could they pm me reminding me the details so i can send it thank you

nomorepanic
05-08-11, 22:33
It was me lol - you have my address in a PM

weeble40
05-08-11, 23:01
i will donate a baby in colour of choice,

oh dear that sounds so wrong, a marzipan baby from my sticky kitchen, boy or girl, with toys on a plaque

Emms xx

terror-x
06-08-11, 21:49
can i donate myself you get me for 24 hours ladies haha only joking im useless

mikewales
07-08-11, 07:50
haha weeble, 'I want a braaaaan baby'

blue moon
07-08-11, 08:26
Calender sound good,maybe with added affirmations.Congratulations on 10 years Nicola and Co.In my short time here made friends and enjoyed playing the games.
best wishes,Petra xx:D:flowers:

Emjxxx
07-08-11, 10:40
I joined this site at the beginning of this year and although i've not contributed much other than an initial intro and what was wrong, I often visit and read through peoples stories etc and I have been helped hugely by this site. I've just purchased a wrist band, thank you to whoever that was who pointed those out, I can't wait to get it. I think mugs and a calendar sound great, can someone please let me know when these can be purchased and a raffle sounds really good but I'm not sure how that one works! Sorry, Do we buy tickets of some sort from somewhere? Can someone please fill me in, lol. Thank you for running a fantastic site and support system. Emma xxxxx

Beeble
07-08-11, 11:06
have i been wearing a girly wristband then? :ohmy: oh wait thats ok I am a girl:D

Mugs are a good idea....... you can never have too many mugs lol

or one of the naked calendars like on the film 'calendar girls'? with all the Admins and mods for the months :yesyes:

lmao just kidding on the last one:roflmao:

Ohhhh i think a calendar is a great idea.... I'm up for it. I would not need big tea cups.... :D

M155anthr0p3
12-08-11, 13:45
Wristbands, mugs & raffle!!!! Great ideas..
How do I get raffle tickets?? x

nomorepanic
12-08-11, 13:56
I haven't started the raffle yet - watch this space as they say

M155anthr0p3
12-08-11, 16:54
Ok will do!!! x

nomorepanic
12-08-11, 18:47
It won't be long - I just need to get the calendar sorted first.

janine85
12-08-11, 23:40
Nicola I have lots of old costume jewellery that i could donate, bracelets mainly, all good condition. i wouldnt send anything that would cause a hygiene issue

also i have a set of winnie the poo learning books i brought for my young nephew (which i never got around to giving him when he was young lol) so they are brand new, theres like 10 or so.

janine x

janine85
12-08-11, 23:43
haha weeble, 'I want a braaaaan baby'

this made me smile!!!!

nomorepanic
12-08-11, 23:51
Thanks Janine very kind of you and that would be great.

I will contact you again once I get things underway