PDA

View Full Version : Can "real" symptoms be caused by anxiety?

TooWorried
09-07-11, 22:43
I think most of us with HA suffer from symptoms such as a racing pulse or headaches that we (try to) blame on anxiety, but can anxiety cause tangible symptoms that we can see and feel like swollen lymph nodes or other mysterious lumps throughout the body? On the same note, I wonder if "normal" people would even discover the strange things on my body that I find. Just a though....what do you think?

sophiethestar
09-07-11, 23:13
I do think we get more symptoms. We expect ourselves to have them so the symptoms appear. I'm sure I'm like that with swollen lymph nodes. It's a bit like placebo drugs- people expect the drug to work and so it does, even though there was no medicine in it. It's just the same as us and our symptoms.

pussy cat
09-07-11, 23:17
hi there,
no i don,t think normal people would find all the lumps & bumps we seem to find & many symptoms that we experience they have but don,t even notice-h.a. is a horrible thing & as we know it is mainly all in the mind which is 1 powerful thing-your not on your own & theres always someone here to talk to.when you say "real symptoms" yes to a certain degree i think it can because anxiety/stress can cause or be at the bottom of many illnesses

TooWorried
10-07-11, 01:29
@Sophie: great point about the placebo drugs!
And thanks for your kind words Pussy cat. I'm so glad I found this site. My husband is so sick of hearing about my many ailments.