PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone lost weight due to anxiety?

Trevstan
10-07-11, 03:07
Just to reassure myself.

How much weight did you lose and how fast?

Anxious_gal
10-07-11, 05:04
I lost most of the weight I would guess within two months, judging by my facebook photos.
I lost just over a stone.

jessicalittler79
10-07-11, 06:35
i lost loads of weight yes! its stressfull when u have anx ...hope u feel better soon

pb
10-07-11, 10:27
Yes , ive lost over a stone at times due to anxiety and quite quickly x

PanchoGoz
10-07-11, 11:14
I havn't put on any weight since I was 13 :L

kah
10-07-11, 12:20
As soon as I get anxious the weight just drops off me. I very rarely lose my appetite but still lose weight very quickly. Within a couple of days you can see that I've lost weight & my clothes hang off me. The problem is that when it happens I then get anxious about losing weight!!! We can't win!!! Rest assured though that you are not alone.

Kerri-anne xx

Zee
10-07-11, 14:08
I lost 3 and half stone in 18 months.

I had a word with a nutritionist who explained about metabolism and calories burning much faster with anxiety. Also she explained about the Basal Metabolic rate.. Mine is 1250 and that is amount of calories required just for sleeping!!.. I need approx 1500 to maintain my weight and 1700 to gain any.. I rarely eat above 1350-1400...So, yes, its very common losing weight with anxiety and very hard to get it back on afterwards..

LauraSmith27
10-07-11, 14:28
I lost over a stone too because of anxiety and IBS. Still trying to put it back on.

rainbowOne
10-07-11, 14:50
When I first got anxiety, when I was about 12/13, I stopped eating because of it... I ended up 5'11 and 6 stone, not good... messed up my insides a lot =/
Am now a couple of inches taller and a couple of stone heavier, still 'underweight' but much less so. I learnt to force myself to eat every day, even if I feel awful.

Hazel B
10-07-11, 17:11
2 stones in 4-5 months.

overwhelmed53
10-07-11, 20:46
yep!!! im already pretty slim always have been and def loose weight when im anxious!! and then that makes my HA WORSE!!!!! Have also read that its to do with adrenilin....the fight or flight thingy!!! when your anxious your body produces more adrenilin...too much causes weight loss...and when im really bad ive been told i run on pure adrenilin....hope this helps. take care and feel better!!x

natasha75
10-07-11, 20:56
i did lose alot of weight with anxiety but since i was put on matazapine i have gained loads i don't eat that much . hope you get better soon xxxx

Trevstan
10-07-11, 21:33
Thank's for all the reply's i think i have lost about 5lb's in the last 5 day's so it is plausable that's it's down to HA... I am so worried that i am going to die, ofc i am thinking the worse that i have colon cancer.

Hazel B
11-07-11, 15:36
I lost weight with anxiety, it just fell off as I couldn't eat big meals and I was "on edge" all the time. My anxiety was a result of bereavement and not letting grief out and a health scare. It turned out I had gallstones (now removed) but I thought I had liver cancer as they kept wanting to scan my liver. Your mind will play tricks on you until you get reassurance that you do not have cancer & you start to come off the constant adrenaline and worry.

See your GP and let them know how you feel, they can help in many ways. I had beta blockers for 2 months to get off the adrenaline cycle. I also had counselling, stopped smoking, cut out caffeine, ate less fat and crappy food, exercised every day and learnt how to distract my anxious mind. You can do so much to help yourself and fight back.

Trevstan
11-07-11, 17:59
I lost weight with anxiety, it just fell off as I couldn't eat big meals and I was "on edge" all the time. My anxiety was a result of bereavement and not letting grief out and a health scare. It turned out I had gallstones (now removed) but I thought I had liver cancer as they kept wanting to scan my liver. Your mind will play tricks on you until you get reassurance that you do not have cancer & you start to come off the constant adrenaline and worry.

See your GP and let them know how you feel, they can help in many ways. I had beta blockers for 2 months to get off the adrenaline cycle. I also had counselling, stopped smoking, cut out caffeine, ate less fat and crappy food, exercised every day and learnt how to distract my anxious mind. You can do so much to help yourself and fight back.

Ah i see your post above.

wiskersonkittens
11-07-11, 19:39
Oh, YES!! After my grandmother died back in 2008 I experienced horrible anxiety. I lost 10 pounds within a month or two. I asked the doctor about it and she told me it was due to anxiety. Since then, I keep losing, then gaining, then losing, then gaining, then losing again depending on what is going on and how severe my anxiety is. If you are concerned, definitely see your doctor for reassurance, but just so you know, it is normal to lose weight when in this state. Hugs to you -- Wiskers ~

delta
12-07-11, 00:21
Yes I've lost a lot of weight, in the last few months a stone, I'm now just under 9 stone and am 5'9". I have IBS and am trying to put some weight on as everyone keeps telling me I am too thin but I have no appetite.

Savannah
12-07-11, 16:02
7 years ago I went from 6 stone 12lbs to 5 stone 13lbs in a couple of months. It fell off me due to anxiety and I looked awful.

If I have blips now my weight goes up and down very easily.

Mogwog
12-07-11, 17:10
Yes I have done in the past due to not being able to eat as I felt so sick because I was anxious. Not nice

L.x

Trevstan
12-07-11, 17:10
Thank's for all the reply's so far i have so freaked out with my weight in the last week but i hope it's all down to stress i think i have lost about 5 pound's in the last week which could be possible.

Mogwog
12-07-11, 17:12
Hope you feel better soon.

L.x

Trevstan
12-07-11, 17:18
Thank's i don't think i am going to get any closure till i get my colonoscopy done on the 27th which is 14 day's away feel's so long!