PDA

View Full Version : Does anyone else feel ill every day?

rocklover
10-07-11, 10:31
I feel so ill every morning that it makes me want to give up at times, I feel like I am having a really bad hangover. I have an upset tummy, feel really, really sick and this makes me panicky (emetophobia makes it much harder to cope with).

The ill feeling does die down after a few hours, but hovers in the background for most of the day and comes back strongly if I have to go out (so yes i am stuck in the house much of the time). I have two children, a 6 year old girl and a 5 month old boy and I feel bad that my daughter is missing out on the after school activities she used to do as I cannot face taking her.

I have been on Mirtazapine 15mg for 2 weeks and I'm hoping it will kick in soon because I'm really struggling with life at the moment and I don't want to be a crap mummy to my kids. My fiance is wonderful and supports me all the time, he collects my daughter from school and encourages me to do as much as I can whilst being empathetic about what I'm going through (he has suffered from severe anx in the past).

Does anyone else feel really ill because of the anxiety? I'm beginning to worry I have some mystery disease.

ames
10-07-11, 10:44
Yes I feel like that constantly, even when I am not having an anxiety 'episode'. I have had loads of tests done over the years and have finally come to the realisation that it is my anxiety and IBS.
When I am feeling well, and by this I mean when I can function in my everyday life, like going to work etc, I can just live with these symptoms and they don't really bother me, when I get to this stage they are dampened down alot.
At the moment I am off work and slowly recovering from a breakdown, and this is one of the last symptoms I have to get over. I find making myself eat, maybe going for a short walk (I am a bit agoraphobic at the moment) and trying to ignore it (hard I know) makes me able to deal with it.
Have you been to the docs about it, have they discussed IBS? it is very common in people who suffer from anxiety and can be managed.
I also have a phobia of vomit, but have got much better with it over the years. I have not had children yet and me and my fiancé are getting married this year the hopefully trying for children. I am worried about how I will cope with my phobia when I have children, because they are bound to get sick.
I hope I have been helpful and not rambled on!!
Take care, you will be ok. Xx

perseverence
10-07-11, 11:25
Hi Rocklover yes I feel exactly the same every day,and have for 8 weeks now,so you are not alone,I have just got my results for my blood tests and they were all good even my cholesterol was only 4.5,So far as I am aware I have nothing to feel anxious about,so why am I feeling like I do,its most frustrating and yes it does get me down,but I am a fighter.You take care now my friend.

D_aisy
10-07-11, 13:49
Definetly not alone here - I feel like i'm forever saying "I feel terrible today" I am always feeling ill, in fact I don't recall the last time I actually felt alright for a whole day! Then when I really am ill it's like a huge blow coz I thought I already was & I go into panic!

rb1978
10-07-11, 19:03
Same here!! Haven't felt well in 2 months, since my anx kicked in again. On a "good" day I can function and spend less of day worrying but it's hardly enjoying life. On bad days the anx is pretty much hovering in the background att the time, though I try my best to do stuff to distract myself.

Markooos
10-07-11, 19:38
Hey
I have been like this for 18 months now i wake up on a morning wondering which part of me is going to hurt today, as the day goes on i convince myself i have every major illness under the sun.

I am currently off sick after a breakdown three weeks ago i have severe depression too. If ever i plan to do anything out of the ordinary i will start feeling really ill a couple of days before and convince myself i wont be here for it. I'mplanning to get married next year and anxiety has already set in.

I am 30 years old and i am really struggling with this but its nice to know i'm not alone

Mark x

rainbowOne
10-07-11, 20:15
Yep, I've been like this for the last 6 years, still haven't got used to it!

rocklover
10-07-11, 20:50
Thank you everyone for all your replies, it's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one fighting these "illness" demons. It just annoys me that I can't even enjoy lying in bed in th morning when I get the chance as my IBS always wakes me up. I really hope that when my meds kick in, these symptoms will lessen a bit.

lincolnkate
10-07-11, 20:57
Hi, I am new today. I am exactly the same, need people to talk to that go thru the same as I feel I am the only one at times. I have a 6 yr old son and getting out of the house is a struggle most if not everyday, I am currently off work on sick leave an am awaiting CBT, I have some diazepam and citalopram at home but am trying not to take them and get thru this again. ( i have suffered for 15 yrs on and off) I know deep down I am not ill but I just wish my brain and body would stop playing games with me:blush:

rainbowOne
10-07-11, 23:42
Thank you everyone for all your replies, it's reassuring to know that I'm not the only one fighting these "illness" demons. It just annoys me that I can't even enjoy lying in bed in th morning when I get the chance as my IBS always wakes me up. I really hope that when my meds kick in, these symptoms will lessen a bit.

It is awful isn't it, I have IBS too.
But it's reassuring to know that feeling ill is an anxiety thing as it gives me hope it can go away.
I wasn't sure if it was normal to feel sick all the time, even for 'normal' people.

Bill
11-07-11, 03:05
I would guess that mornings are most commonly the worst of time of day for alot of anxiety sufferers because as soon as we wake we immediately start thinking about the long day ahead that we feel we're going to have to endure which is also why by the evening time we're often feeling more relaxed because we know we've got through the day until it all starts again the next day. It just becomes a daily cycle governed by our fears and worries.

When I was in my teens I really hated school and would be sick most mornings. I used to take kaolin to settle my tummy. When I started work I used to have bad IBS which meant that by the time I got into work I had to aim straight for the loo before I could start work. Often I'd be at work on time but be told off for being late because I was in the loo!

I found that when I found a job I enjoyed, I felt less stressed and the IBS was no longer a problem because I didn't get so anxious about going in.

One thing I heard somewhere is that young mothers probably have the worst time because they can't escape their stresses of bringing up children often together with working. I feel in those cases it's so important to have a supportive partner or family who are willing to share the load.

One part of coping with anxiety is being aware of our limits. If we put ourselves under too much stress and we have no enjoyment in our lives, we can burn ourselves out and end up focusing on all our low feelings and fears causing anxiety and depression. However, it Is most certainly possible to get better so you wake up looking forward to each day but the answer lies in a package of changes in our lifestyle.:hugs:

chrissie125
11-07-11, 10:18
I am just the same.....I have woken this morning feeling really anxious and I have no idea why!!.........I have suffered with panic on and off for a few years only now it is anxiety and fear of leaving the house as well, and i have an 8 yr old son who enjoys his rugby, now i will leave the house if i am with my husband and i do still panic but i tell myself im ok and my hubby is with me! but feeling sick and needing the loo alot and working myself up about going out i do too, i had a relatively calm weekend so why today do i feel awful again?
I started busy b's and anti stress tablets from holland and barrett on sat so im hoping over time im a bit more chilled x

rocklover
11-07-11, 11:39
Yes, I had an ok weekend too, the anxiety did pass and I was able to get out and about a little bit. But today I'm really struggling for some reason and it's really annoying.