PDA

View Full Version : citalopram problem ?

fire blade
10-07-11, 10:51
hi bein taking citalopram for 1 week and i have lost my sex drive and appitite will they cum back and how long ? .:scared11::emot-fail:

nomorepanic
10-07-11, 10:53
Hi fire blade

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

M155anthr0p3
10-07-11, 11:08
Hi fire blade,

There is a sticky in the citalopram forum (within the medication forum). This should answer some of ur questions.

Emily x

becksfan86
10-07-11, 11:28
Hey there, i was on Citroplam for 4 years, my sex drive went downhill, it is a common side effect.

natasha75
10-07-11, 12:36
hi bein taking citalopram for 1 week and i have lost my sex drive and appitite will they cum back and how long ? .:scared11::emot-fail:
hi my name is natasha i am on the same tablets the same happened to me your appitite will come back but not sure about your sexdrive hope that they work out for you if not go bak to your doctors x

coolchick
10-07-11, 20:25
hi every one just to say i have been on citalopram for 7 weeks now and its actually making me more loved up with my husband im way more affectionate ive always love him been the anxiety put me in a dark place and i started to isolate my self but now i feel like the little things do not matter so much and i show how much i love him with lots of kisses and i appreciate him more im more relaxed and the anxiety and panic attacks were wrecking me and making me exhausted but i feel like im finally dragging myself out of the hole thank god xx

cathycrumble
11-07-11, 09:34
hi yes i can relate to that i have been on citalipram for 3 weeks now and i feel more affectionate towards my partner. I feel a lot better as i to was in a bad place with anxiety through a marriage break up but the citalipram is helping me relax and enjoy normal life instead of panicing over things that don't matter.

Cathycrumble x

becksfan86
13-07-11, 13:04
Im glad for you both that your feeling more loved up x

jonmark
14-07-11, 07:54
I just started taking Citalopram Wednesday. For a week, I'm supposed to take 20mg and then I'll start taking 40mg. The problem is for the past three days after taking it, I've been extremely restless, anxious, and earlier I had a panic attack (I've never had one until now). Have any of you had these problems? The sheet that came with the medication said to tell my doctor immediately if I had worsening anxiety, panic attacks or restlessness. I don't want to call them if it is something that is going to go away with time. What should I do? Should I stop taking it?