PDA

View Full Version : all day?

janine85
10-07-11, 12:44
does anyone think of there anx like 24hrs a day? curious.

en07jp
10-07-11, 13:03
Yep. For me that's almost the biggest problem.. I start getting anxious about thinking about my anxiety. It all sounds so mental but I know that feeling for sure. Just need to find a way to distract yourself I suppose.. and then hopefully over time it will continue to go down.

janine85
10-07-11, 13:23
im so the same. i panic in case ill panic. fear fear.....its endless

ames
10-07-11, 13:34
I am the same, always examining how I feel!! Even if I feel ok im like, oh I feel ok. Just want to be ok and not even notice!!

joeyanna
10-07-11, 15:39
I know the feeling you're talking about, it's even got to the point now where if I am ok I wonder what I should be worrying about so it's a viscious cycle!!

Bill
10-07-11, 15:57
I call it the fear of letting go.

Imagine you open a cupboard and you're confronted by a big hairy spider! What do you if you're on your own?:scared15: If you're too afraid to go near it, I guess you'd close the door immediately in the hope it'll run off.

Ok, so you go to another cupboard door. What are you thinking and how are you feeing?:scared15: Probably wondering if there's another spider and feeling anxious in case there is one. However, you have to open the door and you're relieved to find no spider waiting for you.

What happens the next day you go to a cupboard door? You remember the spider from the day before so immediately you feel anxious even though you've opened cupboard doors countless times before without any problem.

You're afraid of letting go of the memory of the spider because the fear has imprinted a "what if" it comes back.

Spiders are our panics. Cupboard doors are our front doors or when we get up in the mornings.

Every time we open the front door or get up we fear we'll panic because we're afraid of letting go of our "what if's".

Of course, once we start thinking like this, we Always panic because we keep in fronr of us the memory of the spider that Just once on One day scared us So much that we're now on the constant look out for it because we're too afraid of letting go "in case" it turns up again...and then it does.:scared15:

What do you do with a piece of music you're fed up of listening to? You over-write it with something you enjoy to erase the memory of the music you got fed up with.

In other words, instead of constantly focusing on fearing what's behind a cupboard door, focus on the plate you need and the dinner you're going to enjoy and "try" to let go of the image of the spider because it's then much less likely to be there all the time.

So when you get up or want to go out, try to focus on what you've got to "do" or what you "want" and try to let go of your fears by Not focusing on them. It's a cycle that has to be broken or else we allow anxiety to rule our lives by giving it what it needs to create it's seemingly endless loop.:hugs: