PDA

View Full Version : Feeling as though I am going to expode

Pansy
10-07-11, 16:35
Has anyone had this weird feeling I have had quite often? My insides feel as though they are tightening up, like there is an elastic band inside and it is being gradually tightened. Not just my stomach, but the inside of my arms, legs and shoulders. At the moment it is getting tighter and if it goes on it feels like I am going to burst. Like a pressure cooker, it can only go so far.............then pow! My heart isn't racing, and I am not short of breath, just completely knotted up inside.

I felt a bit light headed just now, but that might be because I am now getting anxious about this feeling.

I take tablets for high blood pressure, but the doc says there are no symptons. I am not going to measure my BP because I get myself in a state if the reading is high.

I have learnt to control my anxiety generally, after having a few years of really bad health anxiety. Is this a sneaky way of HA getting it's own back on me?

There now, I already feel a bit less tense after writing this. Thank you for listening. :)

Em.ma
10-07-11, 19:38
Hi. I really think the feeling is down to anxiety

Natalie x
10-07-11, 22:42
Hi Pansy. This seems like it is all down to anxiety. If you are feeling particularly stressed then this is quite a common symptom I think. I was quite stressed in work last week and had the exact same feeling - just like I was going to explode and my head was tight. But I just tried to distract myself, had a glass of water and took 5 mins away from my desk to compose myself. Just try to take deep breaths and calm down and it will pass. Hope you feel better soon :) x