PDA

View Full Version : headache?!

miniholly
10-07-11, 23:43
hi,
so about an hour ago i started off with a really bad headache, took a migraine tablet for it and it was fine however i am really worried about it :( i've also noticed at night i'm quite twitchy not violent twitches that cause me any pain just a bit twitchy. quite scared i have a brain tumor
what is this?

sammiexo
11-07-11, 01:05
I panic all the time that I'm having a brain tumour. I was having shooting pains in my head last night and was convinced of it. I went to my doctor wen having headaches and she checked the back of my eyes they can tell whether you're having a brain tumour or not by that.... Even after that I still panic sometimes but I know thy can check. If you are having a brain tumour it can take a while to progress so wait and see if the symptoms carry on if you don't want to go see your GP.

miniholly
11-07-11, 01:29
I've had headaches on and off for about 2 months now so surely more symptoms would begin to show by now? I'm also going for an eye test on Wednesday so I am very worried :(

anxietyoverload
11-07-11, 08:03
headaches at this time of year are really common, cause of the pressure in the air, i have hayfever and get headaches with it this year, cause its just so bad, and they last about 2/3 days xx

sammiexo
11-07-11, 11:30
When I was having continuious headaches I went for an eye test and they did end up giving me glasses and told me to get a lot more rest. The GP told me the same and told me to make sure I was doing a little more exercise, sleeping better and drinking less fizzy pop and things with caffeine and drinking more water. You should see what the opticians say but if they don't give you glasses you should go your GP it'll give you piece of mind. Do you use the computers alot?

Mogwog
11-07-11, 11:53
Aww love you don't have a brain tumour - headaches can come on for a number of reasons.
Stress, dehydration, needing glasses, tiredness etc etc.

I have headaches all the time, due to a number of these things.

Hope you feel better

L.xxx

miniholly
11-07-11, 14:34
thanks everyone, i already have glasses/contact lenses but last time i went to the opticians (a few weeks ago) i was diagnoised with Dry eyes which i've read can cause headaches though i'm not sure.
I'm quite worried about these muscle twitches as well they seem to happen when I'm sitting down or lying down its so annoying x

sammiexo
12-07-11, 01:32
The twictching could be that ur lay on a nerve or have a trapped nerve. How longs that been for xo

karlwirral
12-07-11, 02:10
my dr told me headches are not really common with brain tumors.

Also brain tumors are very rare

miniholly
12-07-11, 15:05
had the twitches for a few days now don't seem as bad when i'm relaxed so it must be an anxiety thing, or at least i hope so!
and my dad died of the rarest type of brain tumor so its triggered off my anxiety big time even though i've been told its extremely rare and unlikely to affect me at my age anyway x