PDA

View Full Version : Tingly hands and feet

Jonny X
11-07-11, 11:27
Does anyone else suffer from this? It comes and goes with me but it makes me worry that it's MS! I also get a tingling feeling in other places, like my head for example. Is this normal with anxiety?

Also, I've noticed lately that pretty much everytime I eat or drink something it feels like it's coming back up my throat - could this be an anxiety symptom?

gregcool
11-07-11, 16:24
Hi buddy
Well iv been suffering with tingly face and head, ant like feeling crawling around my eyes and check and forhead, i had ct and mri and all were clear. My nurologest told me its Trigeminal neuralgia, which basic ley is a nerv that is over active, causing you to feel tingling or a slight numbness feeling.
But iv also read that this can acoure when stressed or suffering with anxiety.
If it is overactive nervs, there is medication for this which helped me, But the side effects out bllanced the bennifits of the tingling going.
This had been going on for a year with me now.

Jonny X
11-07-11, 19:34
Hi there

Thanks for replying. My GP thinks I'm suffering from anxiety and I've seen on this site that the tingling is a symptom. I've only had it occassionly before today but I've had it pretty much all over my body today. Just a bit worrying but I guess that's probably making it worse!

paula lynne
11-07-11, 20:27
Hi Jonny Ive suffered this in my hands, feet, cheeks, lips, tongue, areas of my scalp....its a right pain! Getting your breathing right can help as hyperventilating (even if we dont realise we do it) is one of the major reasons tingling occurs in anxiety. Ive learnt to live with it as I know its not life threatening, and it comes and goes now, rather than being there all the time when my anxiety was bad. Hope you can get on with your day like me and pay it less and less attention.....it gets better after that! Nkce to meet you btw. x

Jonny X
12-07-11, 12:40
Hi Paula Lynne

Nice to meet you too. I haven't really had the tingling before, apart from the odd time in my little fingers. Had it pretty much all day yesterday and not just my hands and feet. Think I worked myself about it yesterday worrying that it was MS, had a bad nights sleep because of it! Had a few aches and twitches too which didn't help my thinking! x

paula lynne
12-07-11, 13:43
Sounds like you worked yourself up.....we get a headache, assume its a brain tumour, and the beast anxiety multiplies our worries, making the headache worse, convincing us...we have a brain tumour.....and so it goes on! Hopefully, getting some quality sleep and switching off the negative MS worries will help your tingles. :)

Jonny X
13-07-11, 21:14
3rd day now and it's still there! Trying not to think about it but it's really difficult! :ohmy: