PDA

View Full Version : Was this OCD?

Rhys1879SAFC
11-07-11, 14:08
Hi there, I don't think I suffer from OCD, except for the odd obsessive thought but I had a flashback recently to when I was 11 years old and I was just wondering whether what I'm about to describe could have been OCD? And whether having this meant I was always going to fall into the anxiety trap.

As an 11 year old I was obsessed with football (and I still am) but I remember getting Fifa 2003 for my birthday, my Mam bought me it as a present and I was thrilled to have it. However, whilst playing it I absolutely always had to win games 1-0, and I always had to score a goal with player "X", if I didn't win 1-0, or if I won but didn't score the goal with player "X" then I would have to start all over again, based on the fact that it didn't feel right. I also would never push a specific button on the control pad, because it didn't feel right if I did...

That was 8 years ago, I don't do that anymore but was it OCD? Could it explain why I was always susceptible to anxiety?

Katiex
11-07-11, 16:11
I would say that is OCD. I have had similar things happen. I remember being about 13 my mum and dad took me to wales for the day and we found an empty cottage. We had a look round and decided to find out who owned it. Now nothing like that ever happened to us we lived on an ok estate but never really had anything amazing like this was. I remember we had some really red hot chilli crisps in the car and after getting the owners phone number from neighbours my dad went into a phonebox to ring while I'm in the car trying to eat the full bag before he came back because if I didn't we wouldn't get the cottage.

Well I ate them before he came back and he said we could rent it. So obviously this sort of convinced me that OCD 'worked'. I remember once thinking my sisters cat would die if I didn't do whatever obsession it was at the time, I decided to ignore it and my sisters cat got run over a few days later. Pure coincedence but it seemed to make the problem more deep rooted.

HTH :)