PDA

View Full Version : someone please please help

morganbird
11-07-11, 20:12
Hi guys.
Well I have just been reading up on citalopram and the side affects.
I am 7 weeks pregnant and although I have been told its ok to take it I am really worried about the side effects.
Can anyone recommend anything else. I have tried not to go onmedication but my anxiety is soo bad at the moment I am losing interest in everything and I want to enjoy this pregnancy.
I suffer with health anxiety and at the moment I am constantly worried I am having a heart attack.
I feel everything that happens inside my chest. I am having hypno for it and going for reiki tomorrow but I know thsi will only help for a wit.
I am having cbt next week so hopeully that will help.
Does anyone else suffer with the constant pain in chest and the pain in arms and back and sometimes jaw.
Then I feel like a bubble inside me is going to pop and get all sweaty.
Sometimes feels like Isomeone is pinching my heart and shooting pains
I just want to feel normal I cry and cry and cry tears of frustration and I feel my doctor just doesnt understand.
If I could i would buy one of those machines which they put on your finger that takes ur oxygen levels and heart rate.
Am I going mad?
Even though I am told I am ok I cant help thinking I am not.
I was once a cocaine user and havent taken it for 18 months now and worry that has caused my artries to block and it is going to kill me
some one please help me

PanchoGoz
11-07-11, 20:55
You are a healthy person. You have all to give and live for. Oh and congratulations!
Whatever you do, don't get one of those machines, anyone can tell you who had a blood pressure or pulse monitor, you obsess over it and check it constantly and the fear gets out of control. Cit won't give you a heart attack, I have never heard of this?
Its good you are getting help for yourself - you are in control of your situation and you will win. Have more faith in the natural healing therapies. They aren't always just temporary. Hypnotherapy can be life changing if done by the right person.
The pains you are feeling are psychosomatic - your brain has been conditioned to think you have a heart problem and is upping the levels of sensitivity in your chest so you can feel every thing that happens. When you change this habit, the pains will be unnoticable. They are everyday feelings, magnified by your mind.
Lastly, if cocaine had blocked you arteries you would have been diagnosed and treated by now.
Maybe now you could have a relaxing bath to ease your tense chest, or focus on releasing the energy from that area (look up Emotrance - focuses on releasing trapped emotions).
Good luck with the baby!

josparks
12-07-11, 18:50
i was on prozac when i was pregnant as i was told by my phyc that that was the safer 1 if i was going to have any medication for my anx good luck with baby and congrats xx i also had all the feelings about my heart ect but i was ok try not to panic i knoweasier said than done

LisaT
13-07-11, 09:55
I feel all my anx in my chest too, you're not alone x accepting it is anxiety is the first step to recovery, once this happens you will be fine i promise xx ps i have been on citalopram for 3 years and I'm fine xx