PDA

View Full Version : I cant take much more!

katiep
11-07-11, 23:56
Im apologising before i even start as know its gonna be longwinded and annoying.
I have HA and worry about everyones health including my own, my current worry is my hubby, he has had a bad back since i met him 7 years ago [due to sports injury] but last week he had a stumble while helping me in the garden and ended up with pins/needles and numbeness in his legs a day or so aft stumble, went to gp and due to a swelling in his back he was sent for x ray and then sent to a & e obviously my anxiety went through the roof, but he was told after x ray bloods and urine tests plus various physical exams that he had a compressed disc in his back which would need referred to a neurologist following a more detailed ct scan, and now im out of my mind that he has cancer or something like that, he goes tomorrow for ct and im so scared im useless, shaking like a leaf and feeling sick i feel so guilty im not supporting him but im so worried the x ray and blood tests showed something they havent told us about even though we were told bloods were clear and all x ray showed was compressed vertebrae classic for the sports injury but i cant accept what we r told, and scared im going to lose my hubby x, my family etc all say if there had been anything wrong my hubby would have been kept in but im not sure if that is true so if anyone can help me i would be so grateful sorry again for long post xx

pinkpiglet
12-07-11, 01:38
Oh dear! You really are in a state!!
Right, take a few deep breaths, you really are worrying too fiercely. It sounds like your hubby is having a bit of a bad time at the minute which sounds like it stems from his sports injury. If he hasnt been taking it easy and looking after himself then the chances are that he as further damaged his back...not good, but nothing to say its cancer or something near as sinister either. Of course you are going to worry,its in your nature but jut try and stay positive. I dont think it will be anything serious. x

cattttt
12-07-11, 05:28
Doctors these days tell you things-they have to, even it's bad. If there was anything bad they would have told you. and they would have told you the truth.
The neurologist needs special ct scans so he can decide what to do about the disc.

Mogwog
12-07-11, 13:01
Awww you really have got yourself in a state. Your hubby doesn't have cancer. I know its difficult but you have to try and look at it logically, he had a bad back to begin with and then he hurt himself helping and got a compressed disc. The only reason they will want to do a scan is t see exactly where it is and to see if there is anyhting they can do about it. I have known quite a few people with back problems who have had to have scans. Really is nothing to worry about.

Hope you feel a little more reassured.

L.xx

katiep
12-07-11, 13:14
Thank you all so much, i do get into a flap i know but i think having anxiety is horrible and intensifies stuff, hubby had ct this morning and was only told results would go to doctor within the week, yet someone waiting for scan was told to go straight to another hospital dept so he obviously needed treatment quicker, which did reassure me a little as know they would have done something if there was anything wrong xx
thank you all again for helping me xx