PDA

View Full Version : Meeting a girl

Dave
29-04-06, 00:40
I've been chatting to a girl on the internet for a few days, she wants to meet up soon and so do I but I am getting really anxious just thinking about it. I seem to have a fear of rejection. She's seen a pic of me and says she likes me but I still really want it to work with her and I'm putting pressure on myself. Anyone got any tips to help me relax when I meet her?

shiv
29-04-06, 00:45
I know it sounds corny, but just be yourself.

And if you want a woman's opinion, I bet she's AT LEAST as nervous as you!!!!!!

Shiv x

trac67
29-04-06, 09:36
Hi Dave,

Have you chatted to this girl on the phone, that should help to break the ice before you meet, and as shiv said just relax and be yourself when you do meet.

Take care
Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

darkangel
29-04-06, 09:50
hi dave

i know exactly where u are coming from
i met a guy on the internet and we had been chatting for a few weeks
he lives in the same town as me and we decided to meet for a coffee in the afternoon
i was so apprehensive - we had exchanged photos but i have so low self esteem i wasnt sure if he would like the "real me". I am also a bit wary about the internet but it felt ok - the big day was yesterday and I was totally CR@@PING it, and 10 mins before i was meeting him I was ready to run back home but I went - and Im glad I did cos it was really good. We were both as nervous as each other but once we got chatting away it was great and before i knew it 3 hours had passed. Like the others have said "just be yourself" the funny thing was he has had panic attacks and anxiety and he was worried I might not understand - so I felt relieved when I told him I was the same!!
Go for it you have nothing to lose.

........life is for living not just for surviving

mickxbyte
01-05-06, 18:40
I think I can understand how you are feeling Dave. You have said you have only known her a few days so perhaps you can persuade her to take it slowly?

The phone thing sounds a great idea. Maybe when you arrange the first meeting you make it for a short time? Say you have a train or something to catch later.

Dave
07-05-06, 11:00
I ended up meeting this girl. I did feel very anxious but took some homeopathy before which helped. It went well and she said she liked me very much. However, on Friday she seemed quiet and I wondered if something was up. Ended up having a talk about things and it seems she has been hurt in the past and wants a commitment, I'm not sure if I want that just yet coz we've only met 3 times. Anyway, she's now gone quiet with me and I feel bad, the anxiety has come back and I can't seem to switch off at night due to worrying. I guess I need to know where I stand. Anyone have any advice?

dawnym
10-05-06, 22:41
Do you have her email address as if you feel too nervous to phone her try emailing her.
But if she likes you she will be intouch she may just be giving you a bit of space.:D
I dont envy you having to do dating especially with anxiety,you are very brave.
xxxxxx

pips
11-05-06, 10:23
I think you should perhaps tell her that you just want to take things slowly for now and see how they go. Explain that it's not that you don't like her it's just that it's still early days.

Does she know about your anxiety at all?

I hope things get sorted soon for you.

Take Care,

PIP'S X

darkangel
11-05-06, 17:30
Hi dave

Dating is hard enough but when we have anxiety it makes it so much worse. Well done for meeting up with her and like the others have said maybe giving her time then contacting her again by text is a good idea.
I met up with a guy 3 times and he was really overpowering, wanting to see me all the time and constant texting - I suppose its just going out and meeting people and not having too many expectations and the right person will come along.
Good luck to you and don;t give up on it.
Darkangel

........life is for living not just for surviving