PDA

View Full Version : headaches

sandy40
12-07-11, 08:19
Hi i posted a thread the other week about my headaches/neck pain but im really worried as im still having pain.My neck/shoulder pain comes and goes but my headaches are every day,ive been to my GPs 4 times and hes each time taken my BP and looked into the back of my eyes..all seems fine..ive went to A/E last friday night as it was really sore..they did bloods which were fine and also some neuro tests(testing my reflexes/strength) they then sent me home..im worried whats wrong..my headaches are sometimes behind my left ear and around the back or over the front on the right side..i really scared its something sinister.

Mogwog
12-07-11, 09:29
Hi Sandy

I used to get the headaches and other aches you are describing and it was a tension headache and omg it lasted for ages!!!

I know its difficult for us worriers not to jump to conclusions but you don't have a brain tumour (look at me giving out advive which I can't even take on board myself!:D)

I know that whilst you have the headache you feel like its never going to go away and thats its something bad. But I would be reassured by the tests you have had and your headache will go away eventually - it may take a while but it will go.

Love and hugs

L.xxxxx

sandy40
12-07-11, 09:42
Hi thanks for your reply...i hope you are right and its just tension/anxiety.This morning the headache is on the right side and goes down my cheek needless to say my anxiety is bad as im thinking all sorts.I also get "hot" patches on my head..mostly on the top they come and go and last for a minute or so.x

en07jp
12-07-11, 10:01
Headaches are one of my biggest problems at the moment.. but look how many posts there have been about headaches on this forum.. none of which have been a tumor, all of which are just tension. Do you get a bit of relief from them if you massage the pain, because that means its definitely tension. Try and relax your whole face and, (easier said than done as I ca't get them out of my mind) try and forget about them. Also a hot shower and some neck exercises seem to help a bit. It won't be anything serious, just another horrible symptom of anxiety. x

kah
12-07-11, 11:41
Hey Sandy,

Late last year I had a headache which lasted for over a month. In the end I went to A&E because I honestly thought there was somethign seriously wrong. They did blood tests and a CT scan which were fine. I had to stay in overnight and saw a neurologist in the morning who said it was a tension headache. Once I knew it was nothing serious and I started to relax the headache went on it's own.

I hope that helps and you see an improvement very soon.
Kerri-anne xxx

Mogwog
12-07-11, 12:49
From what you've describied this morning it is definately sounding like a tension headache. I hope it goes soon as I know its awful.

Lx

sandy40
12-07-11, 13:48
Hi Thanks for the replies.Kah they were going to keep me in on friday night but then they decided i could go home,i suppose because my bloods were ok..its 3 weeks since they started...how are you doing? x

paula lynne
12-07-11, 13:51
Hi Sandy! I had a headache that lasted 8 days recently, my lord I thought I was going to die, felt like my head was in a vice! Of course, it eventually went away, but I really had to relax and take time out. Had hubby give me a head and neck massage for an hour, had bath with oils, listened to the radio in my cool bedroom...did this for 3 nights but it eventually stopped. Can I ask, are you taking painkillers? 3 days of taking painkillers often causes headaches.....just a thought (from my experience) x Paula x

sandy40
12-07-11, 14:12
Hi Paula,yes im taking the max dose of co codimal 30/500 daily,ive been taking alot of painkillers for months due to backache and leg pain,both of which have more or less goen but now the headaches have started about 3 weeks ago...i was on co drymol (SPELT WRONG) for a month prior to my headaches starting.x

paula lynne
12-07-11, 14:21
Well to be truthful, its co-codamol that I was taking and it caused my headaches to worsen after 3 days. I just read the info leaflet in the box, and it says to see your GP if you need to take them for more than 3 days. They are very strong, and when I was nursing it took 2 nurses to sign for those. Obviously, they are available over the counter now, but I believe they can really mess you up. You may also be experiencing some withdrawal symptoms from the co-dydramol (codiene and dyhydrocodiene......another very strong painkiller). Seeing as your leg pain and backache has really improved, would you consider starting to reduce your dose of co-codamol? x (Co-codamol is also notorious for causing severe constipation...leading too...backache...) oh lord eh! xx:blush:

sandy40
12-07-11, 14:32
Hi yes im gonig to try and stop the co codimal and try something else for my headaches..ive took alot of strong painkillers for months maybe i should try just plain paracetamol for my sore head,i will see if over a few days it will ease if i lay off the strong pain killers...x

paula lynne
12-07-11, 14:34
Try lying on a hot water bottle wrapped in a tea-towel....move it around your neck. til you find a comfortable position, close your eyes and relax......this helps dilate the blood vessels and helps with pain relief. Hope you feel better soon Sandy :)