PDA

View Full Version : Doctors appts

Mogwog
12-07-11, 12:46
I have a drs appt tonight for a med review as im on anti d's, also I need to get her to do a breast check as I suffer with cysts and can't check myself without getting into a state about it.

Anyway...I am getting myself in a state about going to see the Dr. I scared she will tell me I have something awful. I am running through what I am going to say to her and what she may say to me and lots of different scenarios

Does anyone else get this worked up about visiting their GP?

Hope this has made sense

L.xx

rb1978
12-07-11, 13:05
Tomorrow I am going to the Doc to get a repeat prescription and to ask her to check my ears as I am having problems. I've been going over and over what might happen and am convinced she will have a look and see a tumour or that my symptoms will mean she says I have to straight to A&E because it's serious.

I'm also going to ask for different anti-d's and am worried about this too!! I desperately don't want to take the ones I was prescribed cos I've heard about bad side effects and, because I live alone and don't have support whatsoever, I'm terrified of a drug making me worse. I'm actually getting worked up that the doc won't let me have the ones I had before!

Mogwog
12-07-11, 13:08
Gosh you sound exactly like me - I really do work myself up into such a state and then am completely unable to talk myself down again. As an outsider looking in on your situation I'm sure your Dr will let you change meds - its you that has to take them afterall and when they look ni your ears they definately won't find a tumour.

I'm sorry you feel this way too.

Love

L.xx

rb1978
12-07-11, 13:14
I also have a habit of going to the doc with about 4 things I want to ask about and then, because I'm so scared (or so relieved that they haven't found a brain tumour), I end up forgetting to ask one of the things. Get home, worry about it, convince myself that the thing I forgot to ask is the one thing that proves I do indeed have a spinal tumour or brain aneurysm and then have to make another appointment!

It'd be funny if it wasn't so tragic...

Mogwog
12-07-11, 17:03
Ahh I'm getting really nervous now - I feel so silly!

I do that too - have questions to ask etc and either feel too silly to ask or I forget and could kick myself when I get home.

Suppose we have to laugh at ourselves or we'd cry!

L.xx