PDA

View Full Version : work

tweety
12-07-11, 13:12
hi all,
Life has been getting better for me ihave been popping in work for the last 3 weeks and have been staying longer and longer last week i started doing a few morinings and afternoons this week thursday and friday i am doiing full days i am quite worried and next week its back to my normal hours after 4months i am so pleased but i am so worried and scared of returning to square 1 will life everybeen the same ??????????:roflmao:

Velma66
12-07-11, 14:43
Hi tweety
Well I just want to say a huge well done!!! You have done so well to go back to work & you should be proud of yourself!

I am hoping to have a phased return to work in a few weeks, I've been off with anxiety & depression for 7 months. I'm much better than I was (very few dark days now woohoo) but I'm still not 100%-I know that going back to work is the next step in my recovery but I'm dreading it-so scared of setting myself back. I guess I'll have to pace myself whilst challenging those negative thoughts.

So that's why I think you've done wonders by going back -you've inspired me. BTW isn't this site amazing-it has helped me so much, I now understand I'm not alone & it's taught me so much, it's a lifesaver-literally! :)

tweety
19-07-11, 20:44
hi
thought i would give you all a update last week at work went fine and now this week is going good to i still get very nervous before i go but it is getting easyer and when i am work i dont get much time to think about it and if i feel thoughts coming i do my deep breathing and say to myself i am back at work and if i have a attack i am not going home cause thats worse that staying .life is getting better slowly i still have thoughts going around my head but try to not listern to them , my next big thing is we are going on hoilday about a 3 hours away for 3 nights i am really worried about it but then i am always worried about things and they always go better than i thought so fingers crossed :yesyes:.

tweety
19-07-11, 20:46
velma you are doing really well and when you are ready try popping in to your work as much as you can just to say hi this really helped me and things well get better for you just like they are for me we can do it x

Tyke
20-07-11, 01:06
Hi Tweety & Velma

I returned to work a while ago and although I was still depressed, I actually found it helped my recovery. A lot of the anxiety I have is anticipatory anxiety and I find once I'm actually at work and busy I'm a lot better. At first I used to clock watch a fair bit and time seemed to drag, but I am much more happier and relaxed about it now.

Well done Tweety, I'm sure you'll be fine now. Good luck to you as well Velma, a phased return is a very good idea, especially when you've been off a while. It seems far too drastic to expect someone to put in a full week when they've been off ill for months with anxiety/depression.

Tyke :)