PDA

View Full Version : Fed up still

tobyjug01
12-07-11, 14:43
Hi Again. I have seen two doctors now, and A family friend who is also a doctor and told them about my fears of MS. They have all said that I havent got it,but its really getting to me. Im getting tingles on and off on one side of my back,but my carpal tunnel seems to calming down now i havent been on my mountain bike for a few days, but I cant get this MS thing out of my head. I dont want to go back to the docs, one because i feel stupid and two because i am affraid of what he is going to tell me. I know i need to be positive about it but its really hard at the moment. I need to stop going on google about my back tingles,cos its making me worse. Does anyone on here get tingles in their back also? Please just looking for some reasurance. thanks for taking time to read this.:huh:

paula lynne
12-07-11, 15:00
Hi, I was diagnosed with mild carpal tunnel about 3 monthes ago. I get tingling in my fingers, hands, up to my elbows somedays. You need to trust what all the professionals have said......and get out there back on your bike! PLEASE stop googling, you are only feeding your anxiety and its making you ill. Yes, you can have tingling in your back...in fact, you can have tingling anywhere there is a nerve pathway in the body which is....just about everywhere.
Try this for 1 week......accept the tingling and get on with your day.
Resolve to get back on your bike and get on with your day.
While on the internet, if tempted to google, shout "NOO!"...get up and do something else.
Everytime you start worrying about MS, get up and do something else....and get on with your day.
Everytime you think about MS you feed your anxiety and panic, and irrational fears....you hand over your control. TAKE BACK your control, dont allow this to ruin your life a second longer. You have to get out there and live....just little steps...try it. You are going to realise you CAN do much more than you ever thought you could! (God I wish I could go on a bike!)...........
If the weather is good with you, why dont you make plans to get on your bike and get some fresh air...soooonnn!!!!!! x:D

paula lynne
12-07-11, 15:21
PM sent Tobyjug x

Mogwog
12-07-11, 17:15
Hi Toby

MS seems to be one of the biggest fears on here. I thought I had it once when all I had was a vit b12 deficiency. Hope you are ok.

L.x

tobyjug01
15-07-11, 12:48
Hi Folks. Well things dont seem to bad at the moment, I am starting to understand that I dont have MS. Its hard as my emotions are up and down like a yo yo at the moment,but if people read this have been told by the doctors that they are ok please try and trust in that. I know easy to say,but I have managing to do it so you can aswell. The post from Paula was a massive help to. We all have one thing in common we all suffer from anxiety and it can make your brain give you all the symptoms of your worse fears. If you are not sure about anything go and see the people who know,DONT GOOGLE IT, I googled it and it has got me no where,apart from a very deep hole. You also you start to notice things going on within yourself that straight away you think are part of the illness that you dont actually have,and so it goes on. I am getting tingles just about every where but feel worse when I stop and think about them,my legs feel funny sometimes and I feel sick most morinings,but I tell myself that its all to do with anxiety. Dont just say to yourself its just anxiety,anxiety is a massive thing and it can take control of your whole life and thoughts,try to chill and look at things on the flip side. If you know you feel worse thinking about it flip it on its head and just think about how good you are gonna feel after you beat it. Try this when you feel one of your symptoms say out loud if you can' thankyou I hear you message and i understand your intention and I know that I am healthy,fit and well'. I have started this two days ago and its starting to work for me,and I am just like all of you,so once again if I can so can all of you. I hope that this helps the people who read this,as I have got great comfort from reading posts on this fantastic web site. We are all amazing people and can do anything we put our minds to. Much love to you all.:yesyes:

cathycrumble
15-07-11, 13:16
Thank you Tobyjug01 I am just gagging in on this conversation, but what you have said has give me great comfort my fear is going to have my blood pressure done and I know this is silly but GOD i get worked up !!! I have just gone through a marriage break up lost my job because i was off with anxiety then had a car crash and when i got to the hospital the nurse said i had bp which really i would have had having just been in a car crash she told me to go have it checked and thats when the nerves took over i then was put in hospital as i had a bad water infection and not been in hospital before accept to have my children I went into this panic and this shot my bp up so i asked them to put me on a bp tablet lol which thy did at the hospital. It is fine now. but going to get it done is my nightmare I dont even have to go back for it to be done for another year. But every thing you have said is so true about making these negative thoughts get the better of you and you have to flip it and make it a positive thought. And say that I am healthy which deep down I know I am. It is just the stress I have been through that put my bp up. I dont have all that stress now And my bp was only borderline anyway. I am sorry for going on hope you understand and thanks for the advise you have put on here.

Cathy xx